Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Visual inspection for emissions testing- Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visual inspection for emissions testing- Colorado

So I'm having a bit of trouble finding some info. I read on the Air Care Colorado website that during an emissions test they look to make sure everything is installed that is supposed to be there. So does that mean it has to be factory installed? Or will aftermarket exhaust with aftermarket cats pass the visual? Thanks.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Called and found the answer. But in case they guy is an idiot lemme confirm. Visual inspection will only fail if something is missing, correct?
So I can have aftermarket bullet cats and O2 sensors and be good..... Right?
Old 02-14-2018, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

If it's anything like CA, they inspect to see that all factory emissions equipment is still in place. Hopefully that's not the case, good luck.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

No offense to you personally, but no where else is like California. I feel sorry for people there. Gun laws, environmental laws, tax laws.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All cats need to have visible CARB numbers. I went from a LS1 intake to a LS6 intake an failed. So I bought a FAST which is CARB certified. Also had to change my cats which were the bullet style to ones with CARB cert. Never go the inspection center in highlands ranch they are a bunch of dick heads. Best place i found was off federal. I replaced all that stuff an they didn’t even care on my retest. Next time your up for emissions drive by the fast pass vans on the exit ramps. They should mail you a OK if your running well.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Toes
All cats need to have visible CARB numbers. I went from a LS1 intake to a LS6 intake an failed. So I bought a FAST which is CARB certified. Also had to change my cats which were the bullet style to ones with CARB cert. Never go the inspection center in highlands ranch they are a bunch of dick heads. Best place i found was off federal. I replaced all that stuff an they didn’t even care on my retest. Next time your up for emissions drive by the fast pass vans on the exit ramps. They should mail you a OK if your running well.
Wow, really? I though CARB numbers were for Cali only.

Quick Reply: Visual inspection for emissions testing- Colorado