Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Thumbs up to Toy Shop Trans shop

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumbs up to Toy Shop Trans shop

My truck's tranny lost second last week so I figured I'd get a torque converter while the tranny was out. I did some research here and found Toy Shop Transmissions. All I can say is Mike and Kendal do excelent work and are fast.

I dropped my truck off late last monday and told them what the problem was. Mike told me to leave it there and they would take care of it. I am clueless about tranny's so I asked Mike if I should get a shift kit or vet servo or whatever. He gave me a look and a smile and said don't worry, whatever the tranny needs, he'll put in there.

I get a call on wed afternoon and Kendall tells me my truck is ready. When I pick up the truck on thursday, they give me a rundown of all the stuff they put in there. They tell me if the shift point are too hard, then bring it back and they'll take care of it. I also asked about a warranty and they tell me it's warranted for 2 years/24000 miles even with the 3000 stall. They also told me that they took a look under the hood and found some hose clamps for my intake tube need replacing so they replaced them.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Where is this shop?
Old 04-21-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Regular

1292 E. 3rd St
Pomona, CA 91766
909-620-5849
Old 04-21-2005, 06:56 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by black_yukon
My truck's tranny lost second last week so I figured I'd get a torque converter while the tranny was out. I did some research here and found Toy Shop Transmissions. All I can say is Mike and Kendal do excelent work and are fast.

I dropped my truck off late last monday and told them what the problem was. Mike told me to leave it there and they would take care of it. I am clueless about tranny's so I asked Mike if I should get a shift kit or vet servo or whatever. He gave me a look and a smile and said don't worry, whatever the tranny needs, he'll put in there.

I get a call on wed afternoon and Kendall tells me my truck is ready. When I pick up the truck on thursday, they give me a rundown of all the stuff they put in there. They tell me if the shift point are too hard, then bring it back and they'll take care of it. I also asked about a warranty and they tell me it's warranted for 2 years/24000 miles even with the 3000 stall. They also told me that they took a look under the hood and found some hose clamps for my intake tube need replacing so they replaced them.
good to hear! thanks. hows that thing shifting now? and hows that stall treating you? Can you keep up now?
Old 04-21-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by moregrip
good to hear! thanks. hows that thing shifting now? and hows that stall treating you? Can you keep up now?
HA HA! Having the new tranny in made me realize how much my old tranny was slipping. Driving the thing every day, it was had to recognize the slip. Now it's like a whole new truck, especially with the stall. Now, I'm like all you Radix guys, 5 lbs off the line!!!!

Quick Reply: Thumbs up to Toy Shop Trans shop