Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Phoenix F-bodies!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IownedU
How long has your car been in the shop? Will it even be running in time for you so see your intake temps this summer or what?!
It's been parked since the end of November. Since then the body has been fixed from being rearended in Nov, a cage has been put in, along with Sparco seats & 5pt harnesses, the entire car has been sanded down and painted and the engine has been rebuilt. The engine has taken 400% longer than originally anticipated. Yea, getting the engine done has been one little delay after the other.
MetalMan gets the car this Thursday, his work should be the last few pieces of the puzzle.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MChat
Heh... well get an AIT gauge and let me know how well just using an intercooler works during the summer. Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying 80 deg air intake temps
I've got an AIT gauge from Tech gauges and am using the new AGP sensor that does not require a resistor so it reads 100% correct now. I am sure I will see 110+ intake temps during the day in summer but I only bring my car out at night to race and the intake temps should be back in double digits by then... I hope .
Old 03-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DodgeSRT4SGP
I've got an AIT gauge from Tech gauges and am using the new AGP sensor that does not require a resistor so it reads 100% correct now. I am sure I will see 110+ intake temps during the day in summer but I only bring my car out at night to race and the intake temps should be back in double digits by then... I hope .
Sweet. Does the new AIT sensor screw in like the old style? If so I need to pick on up so MetalMan can use it instead of the stock sensor.

When I dyno'd my car last summer (on the hottest day of the year, no doubt) ambient tempurature was 116. The air coming out of the intercooler was 120 degrees, then when the water injection kicked in, it dropped to 82 degrees.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MChat
Sweet. Does the new AIT sensor screw in like the old style? If so I need to pick on up so MetalMan can use it instead of the stock sensor.

When I dyno'd my car last summer (on the hottest day of the year, no doubt) ambient tempurature was 116. The air coming out of the intercooler was 120 degrees, then when the water injection kicked in, it dropped to 82 degrees.
The new sensors are bad ***. It was our first project on our new CNC machine and tured out amazing. They are very similar to the old ones in that it is a brass piece and has the same threads but is more durable, does not require a resistor, and reads the temperature of the air and not the pipe itself. I think we sell them for like $25 and it comes with two pieces of heat shrink and two butt connectors.

I agree, when properly set up, WI can make a significant difference but I just don't think I am ready for it yet. I have too many other things to worry about going bad first.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

lol damn neons....

just messin.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:10 PM
7 Second Club

Received 333 Likes on 224 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 1bad71
stevens car could be quick!! if someone else was driving and the car was set up proper!!

yet 12.2s on the street? i don't think so! when he gets to the 10s or better then he can step up and have a fair race with one of the real cars!
Always starting some ****!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Banned

what me?

i don't start ****! i finish it!!!

nic. you need to inform your side kick "dumb chat" about his inherant lack of intelligence to the real world!

it might save him in the future before he says something in public!!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Banned

as far as you! "steven" it's not personal with you!

i have a problem with the 400 "import ****" that come up and talk **** about your car and robins hatch and how they are so fast and they will "spank our ***"

it's amazing how they can talk so much "crap" about a car they don't own!!!! if you want to run me or my friends then "you" need to step up and open you mouth!

but i'm sure you know the cars i'm talking about and we don't race from 40+ it's a standing 1/4 mile.

so when you get your slicks and put good gas in it? let me know! i'll introduce you to the real "street car " world!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Teching In

as far as you! "steven" it's not personal with you!

i have a problem with the 400 "import ****" that come up and talk **** about your car and robins hatch and how they are so fast and they will "spank our ***"

it's amazing how they can talk so much "crap" about a car they don't own!!!! if you want to run me or my friends then "you" need to step up and open you mouth!

but i'm sure you know the cars i'm talking about and we don't race from 40+ it's a standing 1/4 mile.

so when you get your slicks and put good gas in it? let me know! i'll introduce you to the real "street car " world!
It's Stephen/Steve George Pewitt (S.G.P.) not steven . If you don't have a problem with me then why would you say my car "would" be fast if I wasn't driving it or that it is not set up properly . To my knowledge I had never met or spoken to you before last night but I have been told by a few people that you have talked **** about me and my car before . So what did I do? I calmly and peaceful confront you and your 6 other LS1 buddies by myself and offer to run you all for fun . Unfortunately you and I did not get to go at it but I think I made a believer out of one guy and he was cool as **** about it. I did not even rub that **** in anyones face or brag about it. I know there will always be a "bigger fish" and I am just out to have fun.

I am sorry that my "nut swingers" talk **** , but believe me I do not influence them to act the way they do. If you ever think I am talking ****, then approach me and ask me. I don't like drama bull **** or having enemies so I hope we can all be cool.

Now that that is all cleared up, I want to race you! I will even race you from a dig on street tires AFTER we race from a 2nd roll at 40mph for fun .

Thanks for the invite to the "real" street car world but i would rather just stay in my "fantasy" one where I belong.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

i am going to try to keep up from behind
Old 03-26-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill video tape you guys and wish i had a car that ran haha
Old 03-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Banned

first off! as stated before! i race "standing 1/4 mile" only!

i call it as i see it! and after 17 years of racing i think i can talk from experience. the car could be quick if it could get out of the hole! as for your driving! top end runs don't impress me "my 12 year old can do them"

as far as talking **** about you and your car? i think you should go to the source "me" before you believe what "someone else" tell you!

the person in question that i talk **** about is "mchat".

so when you want to race "1/4 mile" step up and i'll be there! win or lose!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:42 PM
7 Second Club

Received 333 Likes on 224 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

what me?

i don't start ****! i finish it!!!

nic. you need to inform your side kick "dumb chat" about his inherant lack of intelligence to the real world!

it might save him in the future before he says something in public!!

mchat is far from my sidekick, but I did meet him once or twice a while back and he was a nice guy.

i have a problem with the 400 "import ****" that come up and talk **** about your car and robins hatch and how they are so fast and they will "spank our ***":
I agree, I have heard the same thing from many guys about how fast that hatch is or how fast the awd eclipse is. Sorry, 130 mph isn't nearly fast enough to hang with the quick street cars running around here. ****, I trapped 132 on 9 psi/91 oct and I know at that boost level it isn't enough to compete. It's a good thing I can twist this **** here.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD
It's a good thing I can twist this **** here.

i hate you
Old 03-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned

he sure does seem to hang from your *** hairs!

i find it funny too, how i never pulled up and started talking **** to the imports, yet thats all they ever do to me!
Old 03-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Banned

i'd like to go from a stop with the SRT-4 also...Since we already did the roll...I think if we get someone to prep the street for me, and he still runs street tires, i'll hold him off until i get into 3rd gear...

OR...I could selfishly spend all 7500$ of my tax money and it should be game over...Or at least that round...
Old 03-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

dang jeff, always causin trouble with the 4 cylinders... haha

i think we should all just get along, but its always fun to "talk crap" about the other guy, in a friendly kind of way, just to get some adrenaline pumping haha, like josh, talking crap about steven, i think he was only doing that to add some spice, lol.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Teching In

first off! as stated before! i race "standing 1/4 mile" only!

i call it as i see it! and after 17 years of racing i think i can talk from experience. the car could be quick if it could get out of the hole! as for your driving! top end runs don't impress me "my 12 year old can do them"

as far as talking **** about you and your car? i think you should go to the source "me" before you believe what "someone else" tell you!

the person in question that i talk **** about is "mchat".

so when you want to race "1/4 mile" step up and i'll be there! win or lose!
Ok cool. If you want to ONLY race from a dig then it will have to be at the track while I am on slicks. If you want to race TWICE for fun on street tires (Once from a 40 roll, Once from a dig) then I am down anywhere. Just out of curiosity, how many daily driven, street tire, 425+ hp, 3000lb, FWD cars have you driven in your 17 years? I would love to see your twelve year old keep my car in one lane from 40-160 on 30psi. LMFAO!

Alright then, I will go to the source and ask you now. Have you ever "talked ****" about me or my car, intentionally or not? If not, I apoligize for implying that you have.

I think the problem you have with MCHAT is that he has vast knowledge in just about everything and when he tries to share it with the rest of us our brains get overloaded and we dont know how to react. I have been there many times before but if you actually talk to MCHAT face to face you will realize he is not talking out his *** and is one of the most intelligent people around.

You decide how you want to race and when and let us all know. It sounds like some people want to watch.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

btw this is GREG, not nicole, i cant get out of her name ha
Old 03-26-2006, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WsSickLs6
i'd like to go from a stop with the SRT-4 also...Since we already did the roll...I think if we get someone to prep the street for me, and he still runs street tires, i'll hold him off until i get into 3rd gear...

OR...I could selfishly spend all 7500$ of my tax money and it should be game over...Or at least that round...
What mph did u guys race from and how bad did he beat you? I might go down there next weekend and see if i can find a few races. And if you want to beat him from roll i think a 150 shot would take care of it.

-Blaze

Quick Reply: Phoenix F-bodies!!!