Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Forced Smog Checks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Forced Smog Checks!

Over the past 2 days there have been 4 roadside smog checks set up around Sacramento that I know of. Cops are flagging people over and putting them through a full smog dyno. This probably takes at least 15 minutes and you don't have a choice. Obviously, if you don't have cats you aren't gonna pass. I don't know who they are supposedly targeting now, but I wouldn't doubt that this eventually is used to enforce CARB laws and check for illegal mods. I know this isn't the 1st time they have done mobil smog checks, but it seems to be more widespread now. With the cops just finishing a course locally on how to recognize illegal mods they have been pulling people aver and citing them alot lately. Instead of fixing the millions of rim bending pot holes ALL over the place, we are wasting our $$ on mobile smog checks! You'd think having THE MOST extensive and rediculous smog testing in the nation once every 2 years would be plenty. Nope....we've got to pull someone over without any prior notice and spend 15+ minutes smogging their car. What if you just had your car smogged last month and don't have 15 minutes to waste on ANOTHER smog check? Where did I vote for this lol!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you didnt..welcome to our police state at work. we need to protest this and notify our "governator" that this just isnt gonna fly. if we let the po-po's have too much power they will take it and run with it.

too many people say "oh its not worth the trouble" and the cops get away with too much.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how do we go about starting some type of protest.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

******* unbelievable.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

it is ****** ridiculous! id be pissed
Old 04-20-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I might not be installing those longtubes now since I heard this.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Yup, I mentioned this before. They had one setup in November up here in the San Fernando Valley. I would also like to know what to do about this (and also, some info on how to get those damn potholes fixed).
Old 04-20-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
Yup, I mentioned this before. They had one setup in November up here in the San Fernando Valley. I would also like to know what to do about this (and also, some info on how to get those damn potholes fixed).

Thats what I'd like to know! The roads around here look like they do in Tijuana and are unsafe, yet we spend money on mobile smog checks, when already have a smog every 2 years!! Who comes up with this crap?
Old 04-20-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

There would be a jelly-less donut in the donut shop before I submitted to a forced smog check by the police.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
There would be a jelly-less donut in the donut shop before I submitted to a forced smog check by the police.

Glad I drive on the 91, 15, and 405.

There is no way in HELL that **** would fly. Traffic is so bad, they wouldnt even dream of pulling that **** on ANYONE. It would be one good way to work an appeal against this crap though, motorist would probably just give the cops the bird and tell them where to go.. road rage gets crazy come around 5pm.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Flash99

There is no way in HELL that **** would fly. Traffic is so bad, they wouldnt even dream of pulling that **** on ANYONE. It would be one good way to work an appeal against this crap though, motorist would probably just give the cops the bird and tell them where to go.. road rage gets crazy come around 5pm.
Up here when I saw it, the road was coned off like when they do sobriety checks. You aint getting out of it, and if you do a motorcycle cop will chase you down.

This one was on the way to the freeway, so close enough to nab people heading to the freeway, but far enough not to cause a jam on the fwy.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

I used to live in Riverside...glad I don't have to play bumper cars on those freeways anymore! This is something that is done on a city street, so I'm sure they can come up with something for you guys down in Corona!
Old 04-20-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nothing is going to change in Sacremento until all the Gay/Treehugger politicians are voted out of office.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I'm glad I am not a damn resident here. 6 more months, and I'm out!
Old 04-20-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man Kalifornia is sucking more and more these days. I'd beat a path out of there fast. No job or lifestyle is worth getting policed like that.
Police over there have way too much power.
J
Old 04-20-2006, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

Well if the street is coned off, I'll just pull over and park, and have a tow truck pick up my car. I'll unplug the coil packs and tell the cops that my car is broke down, and then AAA will come and pick it up. No way is it worth it to get flagged and sent to t a referee rather then take a simple tow. Come to think of it though, both of my cars are smog legal HAHAHA, for now anyways.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well if the street is coned off, I'll just pull over and park, and have a tow truck pick up my car. I'll unplug the coil packs and tell the cops that my car is broke down, and then AAA will come and pick it up. No way is it worth it to get flagged and sent to t a referee rather then take a simple tow. Come to think of it though, both of my cars are smog legal HAHAHA, for now anyways.

not a bad idea, i'll remember that but i'm leaving this dam COMMUNIST state here in another month anyways
Old 04-20-2006, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

ah thanks
Old 04-20-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, that really isn't such a bad idea, you can do this as you sit inside the tow truck . This is not good news, my car is going under the knife and I may be moving back to Sacramento from Irvine.

I'm telling you, CA is lovely but mostly just for the few who can afford it.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we have these in my area, maybe 2 or 3 a year... they are completely obvious here and me and all the other modded cars just drive around them or take the freeway, but it is gay

Quick Reply: Forced Smog Checks!