Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

:( does anybody want my car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :( does anybody want my car?

im gonna kick it the next time i see it. Ive been havin some issues with it ....about a week after DN2k6 it started actin like the fuel pump was goin so i did the research and it matched up to that being the problem......well i finally got done fixin it a few days ago and i was able to drive it to work and when i was driving it home, it started sputtering and breaking up real bad again....soon enough the car dies.....i look at my battery gauge and its completely dead... well ive had probs with the battery before and i bought an alternater last year SO yesterday i went out and bought a new battery....after getting to work with no problems, i was happy.....But then i had to go home.....SAME stuff happened as before at around the same location of the trip BUT this time i was able to limp her home.......i havent checked all the connections for the opti, delteq, and plugs and such yet but idk if that would be the problem yet...... im just gonna go sell it now or something

-on a side note i noticed **** comming out of the exaust pipes.....its like this black kind of oily ****......idk....
Old 05-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Launching!

your alternator is probably dead again. but now you should check the battery and the alternator as well. one will deffinitely kill the other. sounds like you were running on battery long enough to drain it but it ran fine while there was enough juice to keep all the electronics going. about it spitting crap. could be unburnt fuel coming out because you don't have enough spark to run the car as it should. the unburnt fuel could be dragging out carbon from the exhaust system. turning it brown and oily looking. when my alt went i was fine for about 45 miles or so and then it just starting spitting and sputtering and there was no power to it at all. i was luck enough to limp to a parts store and get an alt and as soon as i jumped it it was as right as rain again. good luck.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

I'll give you $3.55, two buttons and some pocket lint. j/k
No reason to sell it, you'll figure it out bro.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3.55 is a good price, you could almost buy a gallon of 89 octane!

im not real familiar with the delteq thing, I'm still on the traditional opti n stuff, so I can't help you diagnose any problems. i remember when my alternator went out, it was the regulator so my voltage would peg the gauge randomly, looked like I had HIDs or somethin
Old 05-09-2006, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

$4.00, 3 buttons, a subway token and some belly button lint
Old 05-10-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like the alternator........
take it off and then take it to the nearest auto parts... and have them check it out....
if it's bad then I'm sure you have a lifetime warranty on it......not a big deal yet...
Old 05-10-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

alrighty will do, thanks guys and ........hmmm.... if this bidding gets to like the $7k-7.5 range i may be intersted ...u know theres Z28's with 76k miles going for $10k in autotrader? and kelly blue book quoted my car at $8.2k without the rebuild sooooooo
Old 05-10-2006, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

I have 1 "K" in my last name. Will that work as a down payment? I may be able to come up with 6 more "K's". I'll just have to keep looking......

P.S.: Think Kelly Bundy (Married with Children) here.....
Old 05-10-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got my 94 with 68k miles for 6200 with zr1s, cai, 80 series flowmaster, and hypercrap. plus good paint

Quick Reply: :( does anybody want my car?