Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

San Diego folks come in !

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default San Diego folks come in !

So, I'll be at a conference from work at Omni San Diego hotel on the week of July 24. I'm not gonna have access to a car, but by looking at the map it seems like there is a lot of things within a walking distance. It's my first trip to California.

I'm gonna link the map of where I'm staying. Anyone can tell me if I can do some site seeing in a 5 mile walking distance ? Or maybe I should get a car for one day on my own ? If so, any thing you'd highly recommend ?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.173035&om=1
Thanks,
Adam
Old 05-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Teching In

Umm, I've been livin here for over 3 years and I still havn't gone out sightseeing. I say screw the site seein, go out to the gaslamp district and party down. Not far at all from where you are. It's the fifth ave and market street area. But no, seriously, Balboa park isn't too far. Or check out a Padres game at Petco park. I dunno, like I said, been here for three years, and I have touched the Ocean twice.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL - Thanks man, I'll check it out for sure !
Old 05-23-2006, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Yea, if you want to sight see- sea world, the zoo, legoland, wild animal park, etc. you sure as hell won't be walking to those places. The omni is downtown right next to petco park. As brock said, you should just go to the gaslamp disctrict. There is horton plaza, lots of good food, shops, and bars and clubs. Have fun.