65.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Haddad or Strictly for turbo build?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow89
Just take it to autozone and be done with it!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:54 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juiced
Rob was this the same car jason was driving at Perris? That thing was an animal if it was, too bad the track doesn't have more stopping distance i would have loved to see it make a full pass.
No that car is this 1 in his Sig .......1999 z28 camaro...forged and supercharged...And was @ full weight including spare tire and jack and also a speaker box and amp and the a/c was still ice cream cold as well.But not anymore it will be alot faster and much lighter shooting for 3000#'s as raceweight and more Strickly Performance Horse Power.By the way that car did manage to hit some 1.43 60 ft times as a 6 speed with Rob's suspension upgrades and that was still @ Full Weight plus Stereo System and it was probably around 3650 race weight which isn't to far from the complaining about 4000 #'s raceweight of other peoples cars....
Old 10-19-2006, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
george lara, or mike haddad cleaned up charlies tune . charlie has tuned all my cars, including my vette, that at the time had a 408 with a 253-262 on 112lsa cam, it loped hard, but it drove like a ***** cat on a street. to me that car was hard to tune. george lara ,or mike haddad have no where the abilities he has right now has a tuner, for the shear fact that he has done it longer, plus he is a electrical/mechanical engineer by trade. as far as dyno being a tuning tool, that dyno is only used to get the final number, a WOT a/f correct, he road tunes the rest of the time.
Hey I saw it happen on Haddad's dyno. So nothing to laugh about except for the fact that Charlie is doing part throttle tuning on the street. That's what real dynos are for.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:12 PM
FormerVendor

Rob was this the same car jason was driving at Perris? That thing was an animal if it was, too bad the track doesn't have more stopping distance i would have loved to see it make a full pass.
that one is the black ss's pretisesor.we just started to build the one you saw at perris..it is almost back together with a cage and new front suspension and a front mount intercooler..and we turned it to an auto..we ruind a brand new set of front runners that night trying to stop,so we just started stopping before the finnish line...that track is dangerous..
Old 10-19-2006, 05:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
Hey there is a company in Temecula that is teaching tuning... it was in GMHTP a few months ago.. sounds like some of you guys should just go learn there and tune your own **** if you dont like certain people..
yeah the efi training center or something, but its a grip of money to go there
Old 10-19-2006, 05:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by that240guy
Hey I saw it happen on Haddad's dyno. So nothing to laugh about except for the fact that Charlie is doing part throttle tuning on the street. That's what real dynos are for.
of course you saw it on haddad dyno, thats the dyno that reads 1400 ftlbs on flashs car, , most professional tuners drive the car and road tune, because you can log and drive, feel the car bog, stall whatever, and he can change it while he is driving, the tuner can fully simulate everyday driving of the car. but never mind haddad is the god of tuners now he can fully simulate road driving on a dyno , charlie has only tuned 10+ 800+ wheel c5's, many of them turbo, and blown, but i gues haddad has done more then that. so you know alot of the those c5's were daily drivers for some with 72 lb high impedence injectors, if yo know what that means, those are tough to tune for part throttle and idle.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ROB55
that one is the black ss's pretisesor.we just started to build the one you saw at perris..it is almost back together with a cage and new front suspension and a front mount intercooler..and we turned it to an auto..we ruind a brand new set of front runners that night trying to stop,so we just started stopping before the finnish line...that track is dangerous..
It's not to bad for us normal people, but i wouldn't want to try and imagine stopping on skinny's and slicks going 100+
Old 10-19-2006, 06:17 PM
8 Second Club

It's not to bad for us normal people, but i wouldn't want to try and imagine stopping on skinny's and slicks going 100+
It was not very fun and not Brand New Et Front friendly...
Old 10-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

of course you saw it on haddad dyno, thats the dyno that reads 1400 ftlbs on flashs car, , most professional tuners drive the car and road tune, because you can log and drive, feel the car bog, stall whatever, and he can change it while he is driving, the tuner can fully simulate everyday driving of the car. but never mind haddad is the god of tuners now he can fully simulate road driving on a dyno , charlie has only tuned 10+ 800+ wheel c5's, many of them turbo, and blown, but i gues haddad has done more then that. so you know alot of the those c5's were daily drivers for some with 72 lb high impedence injectors, if yo know what that means, those are tough to tune for part throttle and idle.
And if you knew anything about dynos and torque, that is how much torque he is making at the wheels. If you divide that tq number by his gear ratio then you have flywheel torque. I understand you can do street tuning for fine tuning, but tell me how you are going to tune the cell for WOT at 3,000 rpm on the street? You are only going to be in that spot for a split second. On a load cell dyno, you can sit at wot at 3,000 rpm all day long and tune the hell out of it.

I know that Charlie is a great tuner, but the dyno at A&A is a kid's toy compared to Haddad's dyno. No George and Mike do not have as much experience as Charlie. Every car they put on the dyno is a new learning experience. Sometimes it can take them all day to tune a car, but that's because they want to do it right. And they charge a flat fee no matter how long it takes. And with the dynapack, adn HPTuners, you can't make a bad tune. If you spend enough time on the dyno with the software, you can tune anything.

And yes I know what a 72 lb high imp. injetor is and I know they are hard to tune.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by that240guy
And if you knew anything about dynos and torque, that is how much torque he is making at the wheels. If you divide that tq number by his gear ratio then you have flywheel torque. I understand you can do street tuning for fine tuning, but tell me how you are going to tune the cell for WOT at 3,000 rpm on the street? You are only going to be in that spot for a split second. On a load cell dyno, you can sit at wot at 3,000 rpm all day long and tune the hell out of it.

I know that Charlie is a great tuner, but the dyno at A&A is a kid's toy compared to Haddad's dyno. No George and Mike do not have as much experience as Charlie. Every car they put on the dyno is a new learning experience. Sometimes it can take them all day to tune a car, but that's because they want to do it right. And they charge a flat fee no matter how long it takes. And with the dynapack, adn HPTuners, you can't make a bad tune. If you spend enough time on the dyno with the software, you can tune anything.

And yes I know what a 72 lb high imp. injetor is and I know they are hard to tune.
you do know that a&a's dyno has load control right?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of experience does charlie have with turbo applications?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:03 PM
8 Second Club

you do know that a&a's dyno has load control right?
Really from all this Haddad stuff I was starting to think that they were the only ones and that everybody else should just close down since they seem to be Superior to everybody else hands down...

But we all really know better...
Old 10-19-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

fm or rm?
TECH Junkie

front mount or rear mount?
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 52172
alot of experience tuning them, couple 800+ wheel twin turbo vettes rolling around
Old 10-19-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Shinobi Z (PTK kit twin 60-1's)
Haltech TT ZO6 (Halteck kit Twin 30r's)
2-3 C5 STS kits
and atleast 2 STS F-body's that i know of.

there are more but i'm not on corvetteforum much anymore.

Originally Posted by Nine Finger 02 Z28
Really from all this Haddad stuff I was starting to think that they were the only ones and that everybody else should just close down since they seem to be Superior to everybody else hands down...

Old 10-19-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Junkie

I prefer to get the car tuned where it is built so that x's out charlie I believe unless they will R&R my motor and install my turbo kit and take control on the computer. A and A is just 1 hr drive south from me rob is closer than Mike. I still would like to go to strictly.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nine Finger 02 Z28

i just cant believe theres so many haddad cheerleaders, charlie wasnt even part of this, and he got brought, and he even is inferior to haddad, i saw that black camaro that mike haddad brought up to the desert national, that thing was a joke it was so slow, from what i hear

Last edited by RyneZ06; 10-19-2006 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Junkie

ryne I heard you know Mike personally?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:15 PM
8 Second Club

I prefer to get the car tuned where it is built so that x's out charlie I believe unless they will R&R my motor and install my turbo kit and take control on the computer. A and A is just 1 hr drive south from me rob is closer than Mike. I still would like to go to strictly.
All b/s aside Rob is a friend of mine but I would still recomend on this type of job over the other shop in ? just based on his experience on these types of setups and the numerous GM High Tech articals and other Magazines and the GM High Tech cover car and also since I have seen 1st hand what he can do....

Quick Reply: Haddad or Strictly for turbo build?