haddad motorsports inglewood
65.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Haddad or Strictly for turbo build?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Haddad or Strictly for turbo build?

strictly performance

haddad motorsports

Just wanting feedback from both shops in regards to building motors, tuning, and installing turbo applications. I have heard good things about Haddad and also Strictly Performance. It is a tossup? Anyone have experiences from either shops? Thanks for any input.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i vote for haddad because mike know his stuff. plus strictly blew up one of my buddies turbo car on the dyno, and then did not even help him rebuild the motor. They told him he was on his own and still took his $800 for the tune. lmao needless to say he is taking legal action.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

neither have enough experience imo

Last edited by RyneZ06; 10-17-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Teching In

strictly performance

haddad motorsports I had good luck with both, but if your car is more race i think strictly has an 8 sec camaro running for them!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Launching!

What kind of Turbo? Haddaad did a twin turbo mustang and they workin on a twin turbo camaro now.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Launching!

Had strictly do some work for me about a year ago and I had a few problems that were simple things that really should have never happened. Ended up taking the car back three times I think. But every time I called it was no questions asked, bring it in and we will take care of it. I have never dealt with haddad motorsports so I doubt this is of much help for you but good luck with whoever you go with.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by nobike
strictly performance

haddad motorsports I had good luck with both, but if your car is more race i think strictly has an 8 sec camaro running for them!!!
i forgot about that nine fingers car, in that case i would go with striclty because of a car that performs
Old 10-17-2006, 05:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by mustgofasster
What kind of Turbo? Haddaad did a twin turbo mustang and they workin on a twin turbo camaro now.
so us the cars, show us legit dyno numbers, and show us timeslips.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Would Synergy be an option for you?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Would Synergy be an option for you?
I heard they are good to, but i think there in northern cali, long drive!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

heard good things about haddad but never been there. I have had a bad expierence w/ rob and also heard alot of bad things about strictly. unless just buying parts from him I would never take my car there again.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I have purchased a Hi-Flo single turbo with a TC-76 turbonetics from Jz over at forced inductions in alabama. Shooting for 650 rwhp on pump gas. I will be paying the shop to pull my motor and forge the bottom end and install the turbo kit and fuel system and gauges and tune it on the dyno. I am trying to keep the cost to around 8K. I already have the turbo kit and head unit. I now have to decide which shop to go with?? Keep the feedback coming in anything and everything is appreciated!!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Haddad worked on my car and it was a good experience. Very cool guys that work there and Mike knows his stuff
Old 10-17-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
i forgot about that nine fingers car, in that case i would go with striclty because of a car that performs
Correct me if I am wrong, but this is not an LS1 combination, correct?

When it comes to turbo stuff, go to the people that know...trust me, it is worth the extra $$$.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Phate

When it comes to turbo stuff, go to the people that know...trust me, it is worth the extra $$$.
That is what I am trying to figure out who KNOWS their turbo stuff. See haddad is telling me I either need to go with a new block or resleeve mine and strictly will just rebuild my factory bottom end using my stock block. Haddad thinks they will need to take .010 off the sleeves just to clean them up and that they say will weaken the factory sleeves too much and will need to resleeve the block which is big bucks? I have never heard of needing to resleeve to go turbo unless your block is thrashed?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Phate

correct it is a sbc, BUT he has another car thats ls1 based thats set up to run psca, one class slower than his sbc race car,its gonna be fuel injected and nitros, class records for that class is high 8's but usually the average is low nines, and he is swicthing to turbo on his sbc!!! like i said before I have good luck with both shops, but one tends to be better towards race cars and very high dyno numbers!!! DONT WE ALL CALL ARE CARS RACE CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 52172
That is what I am trying to figure out who KNOWS their turbo stuff. See haddad is telling me I either need to go with a new block or resleeve mine and strictly will just rebuild my factory bottom end using my stock block. Haddad thinks they will need to take .010 off the sleeves just to clean them up and that they say will weaken the factory sleeves too much and will need to resleeve the block which is big bucks? I have never heard of needing to resleeve to go turbo unless your block is thrashed?
pm NINE FINGER he seems to know alot about race cars, and race motors, he just dosent know much about shifting a 2 speed powerglide!!! j/k jason!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nobike
correct it is a sbc, BUT he has another car thats ls1 based thats set up to run psca, one class slower than his sbc race car,its gonna be fuel injected and nitros, class records for that class is high 8's but usually the average is low nines, and he is swicthing to turbo on his sbc!!! like i said before I have good luck with both shops, but one tends to be better towards race cars and very high dyno numbers!!! DONT WE ALL CALL ARE CARS RACE CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're talking about Limited Street? Good luck to him in that class, there are a lot of well developed cars there.

My point in asking the question was, just because you can build a SBC motor does not mean that you can build a turbo LSx motor. You sound like you know your stuff, so I am sure that you know that there are a lot of fundamental differences.

I'm not proposing either of these shops, simply because I have never used either of them for anything. I've heard things about each one...but nothing that I would make a recommendation on with no personal experience.

My advice is this:
1 - If you want the motor to last, then buy a motor from someone with a stellar reputation. W2W built a great motor for me, and I can personally recommend them. More expensive then the average...YEP. Worth it...YEP. I've heard good things about LME as well, and they might be building a forged LS2 motor for the C6 when the stocker goes.
2 - Do as much as you can yourself when it comes to turning wrenches. This is time that is well invested. A turbo car is going to require a lot of upkeep and you WILL need to know the car up and down.
3 - This is personal preference, but LEAVE THE TUNE TO A PRO. Tuning is going to be the critical factor on a car staying together. Let a pro do the initial setup and make the tweaks when you are familiar with it. Bad tuning eats more cars then anything. I can't personally recommend anyone for the tuning either, unless it is someone like Job Spetter Jr...who will be doing my initial BS3 tune on the Camaro.

Good luck!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Hey phate, I agree with you 100% on everthing U said, nine finger is discourage about the limited street class, there running strong as hell, he dosent think hes gonna be a contender, but hes gonna try, and your advice 1-2-3 Is spot on!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

It'll be nice to see an LSx car in that class. I was going to try and put my car together for that class...but it definitely is not a turbo friendly class. I'll look forward to seeing how he does.

I am still thinking about True Street for my car...the turbo that is on the car right now was actually spec'd for the now defunct LS1Tech series. I am going to a larger wheel, but we'll see. I still have a bunch of fabrication to do.

Quick Reply: Haddad or Strictly for turbo build?