Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

a supercharged M3 wants to race me

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vax
Racing wouldn't be racing without someone flexing his dick? Online or otherwise.

^^
exactly!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hear people with those MT's dont have that much success with an m6. It even says so on MT's website
Old 05-29-2007, 11:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00SSLS1
I hear people with those MT's dont have that much success with an m6. It even says so on MT's website
Let alone I think the aluminum flywheel is whats killing it more. even when I hook, it bogs down, because it has no momentum.

I had success with Nittos , but when I had a steel flywheel.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
Eh the mustang wasn't the fastest by far by 280 lbs of tq stock isn't too bad was still at best like a 14 flat car though. I also never said I was agreat driver, Ithink I am a pretty decent driver, that is aroudn a track and not a straight line, most racing I have done was track and turns and junk, this is my first drag only car. Also he never said he would do 7.5 in your car I said I would be impressed if you did, I believe he only said he would be faster than you
yeah you are running impressive times with your setup, You are considered a good driver in my book.

All Im arguing for is because you guys think my car is capable of a better time. Yes I et you it is. But I havent learne dit yet.

also I mentioned my restrictions and none of you seem to comprehend that is what is holding me back.

anyways, Ill see you @ Irwindale this thurs. Im geting my TA installed tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just don't see how you're complaining so much about how badly your car is performing on the drag strip when you bought Strano springs (meant for cornering performance, not straight line), i assume Koni's or bilstein revalves (which again, are for cornering), and you put in an aluminum flywheel (which is also meant for cornering)..you setup your car for auto-x and twisty fun, not drag fun. now your trying to get the best time possible to what you should be doing with your mods..thats just not going to happen with what you've done...oh, and to add that the 12 bolt is adding a lot of weight too.

sorry, just had to state this. everyone has already caught onto your 'restrictions', all they're saying is stop making excuses. your car i srunning what your car is running, obviously not what it could be running if you had diff tires and suspension. i too think ninefingers can run better times in your car then you. when you get that kind of track time, and while every car is different, you learn that car faster and know what and how to handle it. think of it like Marco Andretti or Helio Castronevez switching from an IRL car to an ALMS car..they do it, and have to get used to that new car very fast to be competitive, thats why they are professional drivers.

as for the M3, if you haven't run him already, just do it..
Old 05-29-2007, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
i just don't see how you're complaining so much about how badly your car is performing on the drag strip when you bought Strano springs (meant for cornering performance, not straight line), i assume Koni's or bilstein revalves (which again, are for cornering), and you put in an aluminum flywheel (which is also meant for cornering)..you setup your car for auto-x and twisty fun, not drag fun. now your trying to get the best time possible to what you should be doing with your mods..thats just not going to happen with what you've done...oh, and to add that the 12 bolt is adding a lot of weight too.

sorry, just had to state this. everyone has already caught onto your 'restrictions', all they're saying is stop making excuses. your car i srunning what your car is running, obviously not what it could be running if you had diff tires and suspension. i too think ninefingers can run better times in your car then you. when you get that kind of track time, and while every car is different, you learn that car faster and know what and how to handle it. think of it like Marco Andretti or Helio Castronevez switching from an IRL car to an ALMS car..they do it, and have to get used to that new car very fast to be competitive, thats why they are professional drivers.

as for the M3, if you haven't run him already, just do it..
The m3 doesnt wanna race me yet, since he is still getting his car tuned.

Im making excuses ( more like explaining why the car wont do better) because they are telling me Im not running good times. ( Im explaining why Im running those times to them).

Also I still thing when I cut a whole .1 60' and I ran the same time in the 1/8 its a bit disturbing. Both times are with the strano suspension and aluminum flywheel, tahst why I was liek WTF at my time and mph (Which was even slower) thats why I was wondering if I needed a tune due to that.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:21 PM
12 Second Club

I am going out to irwindale and should go 8.0 this time without too much trouble, my car still sits exactly the same as it did two weeks ago even.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
I am going out to irwindale and should go 8.0 this time without too much trouble, my car still sits exactly the same as it did two weeks ago even.
then Im hopin I go 7.9 at least since I went 8.0 before with the 10 bolt and 8.0 with the 12 bolt.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Launching!

where is the guy from tell him we got a cobra for him to race!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slow89
where is the guy from tell him we got a cobra for him to race!
I live in Pasadena CA. he is near that area. Ill let him know. Im sure the cobra is gonna destroy him. lol