Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got pulled over.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this thread has been growing for a reason!
I just got pulled over yesterday in Compton by a Sheriff. I knew he was following me. I was going down El Segundo/Alameda and he shined the light on me. I then covered my face cause it was bright. I made a left on a small street, by the way I was going to my cuz'n house in the CPT, he then made a U turn and went after me. I saw him coming but he didn't have his lights on. I just pulled over and then that's when he turned on his lights. I was really upset and he pointed the gun at me. He proceeded to search me and ask me stupid questions like "what are you doing here?", "Is this your car and how long have you had it?", he was being a *****. I had my blood boilingafter that. He then put me in back of the cop car and was searching my car. As soon as he got my wallet he pulled out my DL and my CPAT card(Certification of completing a Fire Dept Agility test). Then he's attitude completely changed asking me about the Fire Dept. He finally let me go. Then I asked why did he pull me over? I could tell he felt stupid stating "O ur license plate light in the rear was out and because of ur tinted windows!" WHAT???? I told him I dont have tinted windows. After him finding out I didn't have tinted windows he said "Be careful out here". What a waste of my time and lack of training on his part. Sorry if I bored you.lol. Venting..
Old 09-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Hmmmmm...I am sensing a common theme here. Most everyone is saying F*** the police. And you THINK they do not know they are hated? And then wonder why they treat people like they do? How stupid do you think they really are? As a whole, seriously, you would be surprised. Cant be bought, threatened, deturred(sp), or scared. They protect you against a ton of dirtbags and you have a bad day and they are all dicks. Let me guess where some of the hostility comes from....They arrest your dad for beating on your mom a few times? How DARE they uphold the law....

Chris
Old 09-02-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seawalkersee
Hmmmmm...I am sensing a common theme here. Most everyone is saying F*** the police. And you THINK they do not know they are hated? And then wonder why they treat people like they do? How stupid do you think they really are? As a whole, seriously, you would be surprised. Cant be bought, threatened, deturred(sp), or scared. They protect you against a ton of dirtbags and you have a bad day and they are all dicks. Let me guess where some of the hostility comes from....They arrest your dad for beating on your mom a few times? How DARE they uphold the law....

Chris
Did you purposely search for this type of thread, or were you educating yourself on the past 8 months of posts in the Western Section?

Just curious.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Did you purposely search for this type of thread, or were you educating yourself on the past 8 months of posts in the Western Section?

Just curious.
Obviously this one out of the hundreds of others caught his eye.

Maybe there is something we're not seeing.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heres the deal, there are 2 sides and 2 perspectives to every story, obviously this cop had his interested peeked at your car, you said yourself you "got on it" and when you turned after he hit his lights he obviously radioed that you were evading. Now usually people telling one side will dumb down their own actions and exaggerate the others, so chances are you probably "got on it" a little more then you explain here. Now you said yourself the cop hit his lights and you thought he was doing it at a pack of dogs, but what is the officer thinking? Especially when you turn suddenly down a street, the cop doesnt know whats going thru your mind and that you arent in fact trying to evade him. So now the cop thinks you are running and maybe you were racing or just driving recklessly, should he just let you go and call it a night? Wouldnt be much of a cop then would he? So he goes back to his training, lets others know whats going on and low and behold they see you and you get stopped, pretty much the cop doing his job.

If you think the cops were discourteous then bring it up to the W/C, file a complaint or see what there complaint policy is, there are different levels of complaints. My dept has one called ACR, dont remember what it actually means but basically you sit down with the officer with a supervisor present, its relaxed and basically you just vent. Dont turn it into a bitch session because that wont do any good but act cool and calm and you might see some benefits. My old partner when i first got on the job was like that, after a few complaints and a few ACR's he started calming down.

Also like it or not, scare tactics and intimidation are a big part of the job, its called command presence. It is drilled into you the minute you join the academy. It is used quite often and can often have very beneficial results. It can sometimes get people who are lying to fess up to what they did or did not do. At least do something more intelligent then say "**** the police" like most of the intelligent people on here.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by transambandit
Also like it or not, scare tactics and intimidation are a big part of the job, its called command presence. It is drilled into you the minute you join the academy. It is used quite often and can often have very beneficial results. It can sometimes get people who are lying to fess up to what they did or did not do. At least do something more intelligent then say "**** the police" like most of the intelligent people on here.
Old thread...hahaha.

This is very true though. There unfortunatly are way too many bad cops out there. However there are alot of cops who enjoy their jobs and take pride in their jobs. If anytime you encounter a cop, weather he is pulling you over or just passing you on the street, you stick to that "**** all cops" attitude, you will get an attitude from any cop you come across. Never in my life have I come in contact with an officer who did not return the respect that I showed him.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by seawalkersee

Chris
First of all this thread is way too old for you to be coming in here and stirring the pot...

2nd... I agree with half of your statement... and the half that I agree with is the part where you talk about cops doing good things like protection against dirtbags, domestic violence etc...

3rd... In my personal opinion, cops in general that have REAL jobs are absolutely great guys/gals in the force to look up to and admire... It's the traffic cops that I despise and think they are the lowest scum of the earth... (not even going to elaborate my feelings on them... just trust me, I hate them with a passion)

4th... I've run into the OP's types of cops so many times its almost comical... but not surprising...

Originally Posted by onephatZ28
he was cleared of all charges?!?!?! wait.... of course he was.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKrYy...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kXPAQPvxQk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9pnb...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eIlr...eature=related

Last edited by Soul TKR; 09-02-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

DOOD you should report that **** ASAP... like tomorrow!

lol jk. back from the mu'******' dead.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over.....