Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got pulled over.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got pulled over.....

So last night was pretty interesting......

Leaving a friends house in the Camaro at around 12:00 AM, I squeezed 1st gear a little bit while getting on a main rd. I stress "little" did not even break the tires loose, and I am on dead Sumitomos. An officer from around the block must have heard me, pulled onto the main rd behind me, way behind me, all most a mile back. There was some dogs in the road, and he had to stop to go around them.

I figured it wasnt too big of a deal, that he lit up his lights to get the pack of dog away, and turned off a side road, to take a short cut home, as I would any time I was in that area. Guess he thought I was trying to evade him, and when I did evade him, he must have been pretty mad about it. Well, obviously, it was all over the radio, again, I did not even think it was too big a deal, as I did not even break the speed limit.

Upon turning into a five way stop, there just happened to be another officer traveling in my general direction. Needles to say, he pulled me over. He was all fire and brimstone, he walks up, and all ready starts trying to grill me, "You know why I pulled you over?!" I replied no, because in all reality, I did not do anything crazy, or wrong.

"Get out of the car!"

By this time, there are five other officers there, and they are grilling me hard. "Why you driving like a maniac!!!!???" and kept telling me to "shut the **** up" when I spoke in my defense.

They had asked me how fast I was going, and I told the truth, insisting that I never broke the speed limit. They told me they "saw me" burning out, and kept telling me that THAT is why my tires are at the wear bars, they did not believe me when I told them they have been on the car for more than 8 months, and had the papers to prove it IN THE CAR.

They grilled me in every direction, trying to get me to say some thing that would give them a reason to take my car, and me to jail.

"You wanna lose your car for 30 days punk!? Then tell the truth!!!"

"You little idiot, what are you doing in MY city driving like a maniac!!!!!?"

Those are some of the lines they were using, and yeah, he did say "MY city". I did my best to keep my cool, insisting that we go back and look for "tread marks" on the pavement, and asking them over and over again for their names, and weather they had me on radar, they would simply respond with "shut up! we ask the questions!"

I over heard two of them talking about my car while I was sitting on the side walk NOT cuffed, kind of brought a smile to my face when they were complimenting it, saying it was "pretty bad ***" one even pointed out that the wheels were TTII's....

They asked me if I was a "street racer" and told me I had "tailight shut off switches" I actually laughed at that. "The hell are you talking about man?" I asked him "This is not a movie, and I am no criminal". They ended up taking a picture of the back of my car, and even me when I was sitting on the side walk, I gave the most silly mugshot face I could for that *** hole. I found it strange that they took pictures of my car, and DO NOT like the idea at all.

The "ring leader" ended up handing me my ID back, and told me to "get the **** out of here" and that he was going to "pull me over EVERY time he saw me" pretty much telling me he had my "number" and that he will be watching me. Really pissed me off when he said "I am going to pull you over EVERY time I see you!"

What should I do? File a complaint? Wait for him to harass me? This kind of stuff really gets me mad, half of the people that drove by us when he had me pulled over, would have had warrants, and he was harassing me.

sorry for the long post guys, just wanted to let every one in on my night, and see if anything similar has happened to any one else.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

I say you do, that's total bull **** man... If you have a name definately file a complaint... Glad you didn't get a ticket though
Old 11-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd complain.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I hate cops. They are all worthless bags of air.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

yeah you definitely got to do something, was right for them to treat you like that all. must of been a slow night for them, and they wanted some excitemnet.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whitedevil
What should I do? File a complaint? Wait for him to harass me? This kind of stuff really gets me mad, half of the people that drove by us when he had me pulled over, would have had warrants, and he was harassing me.
First let me just say that I feel for you man. It's always a little discouraging to see police act that way. It happens all the time. They can kinda be like a gang, and you can usually count on them to back each other up. But from what it sounds like, you didn't do anything wrong, and if thats the case, I bet they know that.

What type of recourses are open to you and which one(s) to take really depend on what kind/type of city/community you live in. Generally I'd advise you to leave it alone. Try to look at the upsides. You didn't go to jail, they didn't impound your car, they couldn't do anything to you. Leave it alone! Because you'd most likely be fighting a losing battle. I mean, if you really suffered something viscous, and you can make a move with some real backing (lawyer/family/etc), then thats one thing. But it doesn't sound like it was that bad. You don't want to put your name, and your cars name any farther out there then it already is.

Hope my advice was helpful whether you take it or leave it.

Last edited by eappwr; 11-18-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Where in AZ did this happen?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Datzneat
Man I hate cops. They are all worthless bags of air.
I've got more reason than most to feel that way. But I don't. There are good ones and bad ones. But I'd like to think theres more good than bad out there.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Bullhead City AZ
Old 11-18-2007, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

all i have to say is FN pigs. i have had about 10 instances with my house, family and family business, and cops DO NOT do ****. seriously, u could file a complaint ...but nothingwith happen to be honest with u.thats just the way it is. u prolly disturbed the cop while getting some road head from the local prostitute when u hit the gas a little. so thats why he was prolly pissed cuz u **** blocked b him. now i know, people r gonna say i am stereotyping cops... but i dont care cops dont do **** cuz they dont give a rats *** about anybody except themselves. I say f#$% all cops, cuz they r only good at writing tickets and being *********. i feel for u man...jsut find out their names and handle business urself. cuz that is the only way things get done with dealing with ahole cops. and people who r cops on this site and that r going to defend their fellow aholes, i dont give a ****. ur prolly a pig too. OINK OINK *****
Old 11-18-2007, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
all i have to say is FN pigs. i have had about 10 instances with my house, family and family business, and cops DO NOT do ****. seriously, u could file a complaint ...but nothingwith happen to be honest with u.thats just the way it is. u prolly disturbed the cop while getting some road head from the local prostitute when u hit the gas a little. so thats why he was prolly pissed cuz u **** blocked b him. now i know, people r gonna say i am stereotyping cops... but i dont care cops dont do **** cuz they dont give a rats *** about anybody except themselves. I say f#$% all cops, cuz they r only good at writing tickets and being *********. i feel for u man...jsut find out their names and handle business urself. cuz that is the only way things get done with dealing with ahole cops. and people who r cops on this site and that r going to defend their fellow aholes, i dont give a ****. ur prolly a pig too. OINK OINK *****
jesus. what a ridiculous response to write. "f$$$ all cops" "they don't give a rats *** about anybody except themselves" "just find out their names and handle business yourself," etc, etc, etc. wow, if you listened to this guy you'd get broken off some pen time in no time, lol. "i am not stereotyping cops...." anyways i don't think a lot of people view cops that way.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You HAVE to complain... If you don't and they do harass you for something you really do (no turn signal or some other BS) you will have no real recourse. You will only sound legitimate complaining now when there is nothing being brought up against you.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
You HAVE to complain... If you don't and they do harass you for something you really do (no turn signal or some other BS) you will have no real recourse. You will only sound legitimate complaining now when there is nothing being brought up against you.
no, he absolutely does not have to file a formal complaint. he'd most likely just be shooting himself in the foot if he goes in there and files anything formal. to walk in there and take that kind of position when nothing major happened is a bad idea. in my opinion you don't want to mess with these guys service records. it takes some experience to know how to handle these kind of things. if he feels like he absolutely needs to do something, maybe he could go and speak with the officer(s), apologize for any "misunderstanding" that may have occurred and opt to smooth things out any way he can from his end. but as for filing anything formal, he should look at what didn't happen as opposed to the relatively minor altercation that this whole thing started frin and just "move on." why make something out of nothing? you just don't stir things up if it can be avoided.

Last edited by eappwr; 11-18-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eappwr
jesus. what a ridiculous response to write. "f$$$ all cops" "they don't give a rats *** about anybody except themselves" "just find out their names and handle business yourself," etc, etc, etc. wow, if you listened to this guy you'd get broken off some pen time in no time, lol. "i am not stereotyping cops...." anyways i don't think a lot of people view cops that way.

if u dealt with the **** my family have gone through with cops maybe u would have a better understanding. but i dont expect u to know what we have been through but im sure its more than u and the majority of people on here. the only way to deal with **** these days is by doing it urself. im sure people dont view cops that way, but a most of them r aholes.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eappwr
no, he absolutely does not have to file a formal complaint. he'd most likely just be shooting himself in the foot if he goes in there and files anything formal. to walk in there and take that kind of position when nothing major happened is a bad idea. in my opinion you don't want to mess with these guys service records. it takes some experience to know how to handle these kind of things. if he feels like he absolutely needs to do something, maybe he could go and speak with the officer(s), apologize for any "misunderstanding" that may have occurred and opt to smooth things out any way he can from his end. but as for filing anything formal, he should look at what didn't happen as opposed to the relatively minor altercation that this whole thing started frin and just "move on." why make something out of nothing? you just don't stir things up if it can be avoided.
That is RIDICULOUS. He was HARASSED by people who obviously have no business wearing their badges. What is minor about an officer saying he is going to pull you over every chance he gets and taking a pic of your car?!?!?

People like you are the reason things are the way they are then... People who just accept being $hit on and don't want to "stir things up".
Old 11-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

totally agree with cruiSSing ls1 and say **** all cops. They do alot of bullshit and get away with it. Most of them think they're the **** and act tough when all they are doing is hiding behind their ***** badge. Been involved in so many cases where I have been harrased by them for no reason. Its just the way it is man. Try to avoid them. Most cops are only cops to collect a better paycheck then what they were making as a security guard. Try to find out if your city has an Internal Affairs division and complain to them. Also give the watch commander a call and try to sound polite and respectable. Doing all this still wont really make a difference but maybe with enough complaints they will look into it.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Damn crooked Cops!! I say you forget about it. Trust me a complaint won't do jack **** plus they have your lic number and they might do something or pull you over again. You got away scott free and keep it like that. Hey, It's their job to treat us like crap.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by So*CalWS6
Damn crooked Cops!! I say you forget about it. Trust me a complaint won't do jack **** plus they have your lic number and they might do something or pull you over again. You got away scott free and keep it like that.
You really think that after complaining about a cop harassing you that cop is going to keep harassing you?!?! What is wrong with you people...
Old 11-18-2007, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

if u dealt with the **** my family have gone through with cops maybe u would have a better understanding. but i dont expect u to know what we have been through but im sure its more than u and the majority of people on here. the only way to deal with **** these days is by doing it urself. im sure people dont view cops that way, but a most of them r aholes.
listen bro, you are talking about "street justice," and that doesn't work. that is just crazy. you and yours will wind up in the pen if you do something like what your talking about. your suggesting that this kid go after a police officer? when nothing major even happened to him? i mean, the cops didn't even arrest him or anything. i don't know what you and your family may or may not have been through. i certainly feel for you guys if you've had to deal with some bad stuff but really, lets be smart here. i'm trying to take what your saying seriously but you obviously don't know what your talking about.

if u dealt with the **** my family have gone through with cops maybe u would have a better understanding. but i dont expect u to know what we have been through but im sure its more than u.
i don't know why you'd say something like that as it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. but since you did, i'll say that you really shouldn't say something like that unless you're sure you're right. you have no clue as to who i am. i could give you some things to google that would just blow you away. doesn't even scratch the surface. you should really just take my word on that. i have no reason to lie.

anyways, if you read what i've written above you should see that what i say is correct and the "safest" way to handle this type of situation.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Damn crooked Cops!! I say you forget about it. Trust me a complaint won't do jack **** plus they have your lic number and they might do something or pull you over again. You got away scott free and keep it like that.
thats right.

It's their job to treat us like crap.
lol, don't know about that though.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over.....