Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Fonatana Race Days

Old 01-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fonatana Race Days

we all know about the 400 car but really more like 550 car street legal drags at california speedway that anyone can go to

http://californiaspeedway.com/dragway/

but i hate those days, u get like 2-3 passes with a 8 hour day.
but....
ive heard that on the other days where people pay 35 or sometimes 75 bucks u can get way more passes in. the dates are supposed to be very limited but i have no problem going at like 5 in the morning
now my question is can anyone just go or do u need a special license or certification to race? like do they have TNT days?
Old 01-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

screw Fontana..Pay the $100 & race at Famoso in bakersfield next sunday
Old 01-11-2008, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is the event your thinking about
http://www.alternativemotoring.com/
Every one talks bad about Ca. Speedway but I see cars running in 7's and 8's there pulling the front ends about 1 1/2' in the air.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by firebird69racer
Every one talks bad about Ca. Speedway but I see cars running in 7's and 8's there pulling the front ends about 1 1/2' in the air.
lol you gotta think that half the people on here dont have 7 sec race cars, and to be honest once your car gets that fast the audience cant tell the diff between tenths, and most of those cars hook no matter what,

we are talking about average cars, and yeah there track blows, keeping in mind i have only been on street legal days not private days but here is a good ex.

thursday night i went to irwindale, pulled a best of 1.809 on street tires,
sat went to cal speed way with nitto drags i couldnt get under 2.1, same car and only withing 2 days of eachother running, so yeah there track sucks

i have heard the private days are where its at but honestly id rather spend that money at famoso
Old 01-12-2008, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on famoso I'm going!
Old 01-12-2008, 02:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by firebird69racer
well the track rental is full on that date but what about feb. 2-3? can we attend or is it all pro?

oh and by the way guys fontana is elevated 1,121 ft above sea level so just to give u guys a idea crappy *** palmdale was 2,710 ft and ur little irwindale is only a mere 750 feet elevated. so the tracks in fastest order are irwindale, fontana and palmdale.

oh yeah and famoso is only 635 ft. so i guess famoso is the fastest one but a drive none the less.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:35 AM
11 Second Club

Fonatana is not a bad track. The street legal drags is what sucks, with like 500+ cars they don't have time to prep the track. If you go when like when the PSCA runs the track is bad ***. I would never go on the street legal days. Most of the people that go on that day have shitty *** tires, and ***** up the track. If you go to the track when there are some fast cars that have good rubber, it makes the track soooooooo much better.

How is Famoso, is it a nice track? I have never been. I would like to go a least once.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by gangbang malloy

oh and by the way guys fontana is elevated 1,121 ft above sea level so just to give u guys a idea crappy *** palmdale was 2,710 ft and ur little irwindale is only a mere 750 feet elevated. so the tracks in fastest order are irwindale, fontana and palmdale.

oh yeah and famoso is only 635 ft. so i guess famoso is the fastest one but a drive none the less.
Its not all about the altitude. You have to look at the Density altitude.
Take a look at this. This is what bracket racers use.
http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da_rh.htm
Old 01-12-2008, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by onephatZ28
Fonatana is not a bad track. The street legal drags is what sucks, with like 500+ cars they don't have time to prep the track. If you go when like when the PSCA runs the track is bad ***. I would never go on the street legal days. Most of the people that go on that day have shitty *** tires, and ***** up the track. If you go to the track when there are some fast cars that have good rubber, it makes the track soooooooo much better.

How is Famoso, is it a nice track? I have never been. I would like to go a least once.
well at famoso my buddy ran like a 13.2 at fontucky and a 12.8, same mph too, just a lil ex. i personally havent been to famoso but my freinds keep buggin me to go
Old 01-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Its not all about the altitude. You have to look at the Density altitude.
Take a look at this. This is what bracket racers use.
http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da_rh.htm
how in the hell do you get the Altimeter setting on this page?????

everything else you can get on Weather.com

Fomoso is the BEST track around here... they prep it nicely and the track people DO NOT care if you have roll cages of NHRA DL..
Old 01-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Launching!

yeah but we still have to consider the elevation. but u guys think u can run like at the psca events?
Old 01-12-2008, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by gangbang malloy
but u guys think u can run like at the psca events?
Ya, I go all the time last time for there test and tune. There was only like 70 cars and I think it was $60 to do the test and tune my buddy ran his Honda last time and made like 7 runs but he stop to tune his car. The track was real good that day he ran 9.8@147.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Ya, I go all the time last time for there test and tune. There was only like 70 cars and I think it was $60 to do the test and tune my buddy ran his Honda last time and made like 7 runs but he stop to tune his car. The track was real good that day he ran 9.8@147.
now i noticed on the calender only friday is test and tune. can u run on the sat or sunday or is that big boys only?

how about the nhra summit or PRO GAS events?
Old 01-12-2008, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camarojunky74

i have heard the private days are where its at but honestly id rather spend that money at famoso
And another $100 or so for fuel and hotel
Old 01-12-2008, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nordy racer
how in the hell do you get the Altimeter setting on this page?????

everything else you can get on Weather.com

Fomoso is the BEST track around here... they prep it nicely and the track people DO NOT care if you have roll cages of NHRA DL..

If you go down a little on that site where it says "Additional Information:" you will see this

"Click here for National Weather Service information, including listing of hourly dew point, relative humidity and altimeter setting for US locations, in both English and Metric units."

the Altimeter setting is the barometric pressure in inches-Hg.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fonatana Race Days