Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

one of the saddest days of my life!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy one of the saddest days of my life!

it was yesterday around 7 o clock my buddy and were on the computer in my room, then i hear my uncle knocking on the door, so i go open it and i was wondering where everybody was, then i see my dad walking to us and then he said, our dog "maxx" just got hit by a car!! so i quickly run by the street and see our dog on the sidewalk laying on the floor, my brothers already picked him up and put him on the sidewalk, he was bleeding and looked like the cars license plate hit his head, his rear hip looked like it was gone! a very nice woman named Mary pulled over and was helping us out, she called for help and stoped the guy who hit our dog! the guy who hit maxx was an older man and was driving a land rover, the guy was a bit shaky from the whole situation, then we exchanged our info and he left, then my brother backed up our suberbon by the sidewalk, and we all carried maxx to the back of the car, maxx tried to stand up a few times but couldent, then we quickly rushed him to a 24 hour vetternarian and they came with a strecher outside and then they took him in,one guy told us "were praying for your dog" i thought that was nice but was thinking is it really that bad?? after waiting a few minities they called us in and the doctor came in and was talking to us, she said,both his rear legs were out of the socket and his hip looked in bad shape, the doctor said u have 2 choices, one was they have to do surgery for hip replacement, for that we had to transport him to another clinic, and there was not a garuntee he would be able to function normal, because he was a 13 year old dog, the doctor said he was healthy for his age but he had artheritus in his rear legs it was a costly operation but we werent concerned about that. after talking on the phone with the whole family we had to make the decition to put him into deep sleep. so me, my brother, uncle, and my friend left the room and my other brother stayed in the room and made sure he was fully asleep after they put the needle in him.when my we were waiting ouside for my brother, i saw one of the nurses come out from the room in tears and she said im sorry about your dog, that was kinda weird thinking she could be used to thatkind of stuff, so we ended up going home, we know there is nothing we can do about it now that its over but its just sad that such a thing happened, maxx was a 13 year old purebread german shepard that weighed close to 150lbs, we got him when it was a small baby! everybody knew him and this wasent his first time running on the street, but i just want to say thank you for the woman that pulled over to help. now our backyard is empty with only our other little dog that is lost without maxx. i hope nobody ever experiances the feeling of losing somebody really close, but i guess thats how life is.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, Im really sad to hear that. Although not a human loss. Sometimes, a situation like this is even worse, because it has been a part of your family for so long..

Im really sorry man. I always worry the same for my dog, She just turned 10 and is part German shephad/wolf and part Lab.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

bro im really sorry, i just went thru this with my gf's dog and it sucks, im sorry that this had to happen,

im really really sorry
Old 02-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Teching In

sorry to hear ur loss bro. im a dog owner myself. and thats the worst thing we can go through. keep your head up. wish the best for u.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Teching In

i'm truely sorry about your loss.. it is really hard, my last dog i was holding when they put her to sleep.. i still remember that day

but the thing to remember is that they love being with you everyday when they were here on earth and that you will see them again in heaven..
Old 02-12-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Regular

That really sucks man....hope you and your family are handling it okay.....
Old 02-12-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry for your loss.

How did the dog get out?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

SORRY for your loss

R.I.P. MAXX
Old 02-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned

thanks guys, u guys just brought a tear to my eye, well the dog was inside the house and i dont know im guessing somebody had left the front door open, and out of all the times the front door has been open this time was the one that did it. but we cant blame nobody for what happended. after this experiance i know how much to appriciate other peoples pets as well, like if ther lost or stolen. dorry for some of you guys too, im sure you guys know how i feel, the worst part is i drive everyday by the spot this happened, its not to far from my house and the dogs blood is still on the sidewalk, its just sad
Old 02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Banned

yea i couldent even go to school today and my brother dident go to work, i hope it will be a better day tomarow
Old 02-12-2008, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

We have all lost a loved family pet. We understand the feeling.But with time you will feel better. God has a great place for your Maxx.

Take care
Old 02-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Banned Village Idiot

sorry for your loss bro
Old 02-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned

yea thanks, it takes time to overcome it, yea he lived his life. but i always thought he was going to die from his age. but he had a much worse death by getting hit by a car, thats whats making us all sad. if anybody else saw him they would have even been sad too! both his rear legs were out of place and he was breathing hard. but i will get over it, sorry for the long story guys
Old 02-12-2008, 01:25 PM
TECH Veteran

I feel ya, Bro! Both my last dogs died at 13. Maxx had a good, long life.

I hit a dog not too long ago pulling my fully-loaded horse trailer. The dog was the type that runs out in front to try to stop vehicles. Everyone knew it was on borrowed time. Well, I was the one to do it.

Trailer and wheels hit, so I figured (and wanted) him to be dead instead of in big pain. No such luck. I ran up to the door and hammered on it. Went around back and got the people (who I didn't really know). Appoligized, told them what happened and later said that I would pay to have him put down (though I would not have paid any medical if they chose to try as it was hopeless) and would help in any way I could.

The husband was distrought and worried, but he wasn't pissy with me at all. We got a towel and lifted him off the hot road and put him in the bed of his truck. He died within like 5 min of me hitting him. Him and his wife (who was crying) thanked me for stopping and I appoligized up one side and down the other.

Thats what I did.

Cowards and those without care for other people's feelings keep going.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned

well yea thats great that you stopped and offered to help like that! the guy yesterday dident offer to do anything but he was confused when it just happened so he called 911 and the police came, that did not help out but the other woman who pulled over called the clinic and helped out much. but whatever that was done was hopeless!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW thats sucks...
sorry..
yeah i just got a pup too...i think my cusin are still trying to get rid of em for about 100 bucks....
but i if you think think its too soon..just putting it out there but keep yur other dog company
chiwawa mix with poddle....4 months old
Old 02-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Banned

thanks dude for the offer, yea well i know sooner or later i will be searching for the right dog but has to be a guard dog! but im going to wait a little bit
Old 02-12-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

that sucks bro.i khow what ur going thrue when i was like 13 i had two cats and one got randover by a stupid speeding car and then ran off so only one was left and the other one was miseARABLE and one day we were outside and i saw a cat that looked like my cat that got hit so my other cat thought so too and ran to the midle of the street and got hit to that was the sadest day ever
Old 02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Banned

damm man that has too be really bad! two cats lost by the same way. well yea my other little dog that would always play around with max is now sleeping and just laying around, it was with max when this happened they both were outside, our neighbor brought the little dog back to us! so she is lost and doesent know where maxx is! one of my brothers friends brought his dog and left it over at our house so they can play around, but our friends dog always plays with maxx so, its weird, they dont know where maxx is!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

yeah i bet his misearable looking for his buddy