Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Need help got a knock coming from my front drives suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help got a knock coming from my front drives suspension

well i started hearig it 2 days ago i the front of my car up in the air now.....
when i go reverse and forward sounds like something is lose and gives off a loud knock on my fron drivers side suspension.

give me ideas of things to check,tighten,
and what do you guys think this is?
was running the card pretty hard 2 day ago
and though some rough freeways too the same night...
thnaks
Old 03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be upper and lower balljoints? the steering rack, maybe old cracked bushings? first get the car up in the air, enough so the tire is off the floor! then hold the wheel with your hards horizontally from each end and give it a shake, it shouldent have much play in it, and do the same holding it from the top and bottom.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah thanks i thought it was something like my brakes....
well i lifted the car and took the well off checked ever screw on the suspension and no luck...
figured out it makes the noise every time i turn the wheel right and then left again.
it sounds like its comimg fro my drivers side suspension.....
so ill try the shaking thing tho
Old 03-05-2008, 02:04 AM
Banned

o definantly now it sounds as if its one of the ball joints for sure!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:19 AM
Launching!

got a diffrent one for you.....i had the same problem and it ended up being the k member loose..it would only do it if i was backing up in a certain direction or forward in the opposite motion only when i was just moving the car..at high speeds dont kno if it was making noise or not..but it sounded like the car was gonna fall apart. so if its not that...then ball joints are the next step
Old 03-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

I have the same noise coming from my rear suspension.... whenever I hit a crack or bump in the freeway or even reversing out of my driveway, I hear a knock coming out of the back. Sometimes when it gives a loud knock, I feel like there's rear wheel hop going on. It's been happening for about a month now. When it was up in the air getting an oil change a couple of weeks ago, I shook the rear axle side to side and it seemed like it had too much play in it plus it re-created that knocking noise. It never did this before... what could be causing this?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Drake02
I have the same noise coming from my rear suspension.... whenever I hit a crack or bump in the freeway or even reversing out of my driveway, I hear a knock coming out of the back. Sometimes when it gives a loud knock, I feel like there's rear wheel hop going on. It's been happening for about a month now. When it was up in the air getting an oil change a couple of weeks ago, I shook the rear axle side to side and it seemed like it had too much play in it plus it re-created that knocking noise. It never did this before... what could be causing this?
maybe it can be torque arm bushing, lower control arms, panhard rod!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Drake02
check ur torque arm more than likely you will find the answer there. you dont have an aftermarket rear do you?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS
check ur torque arm more than likely you will find the answer there. you dont have an aftermarket rear do you?
Originally Posted by ae13291
maybe it can be torque arm bushing, lower control arms, panhard rod!
No aftermarket rear.... I'm taking my car to RPM Motors tomorrow to get LTs installed so I will definitely have them check the torque arm bushings, lower control arms and panhard rod. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

upper lower ball joints possibly,didnt read the thread sorry if someone else wrote this