LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Western Members (https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-members-59/)
-   -   Now thats a SHOP! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-members/894628-now-thats-shop.html)

EvilGTO 04-02-2008 11:36 AM

Now thats a SHOP!

Ok so here is the story of how i ended up driving home Ryne's 10 second GTO :eek2:

Well my stock LS2 suffered catastrophic lifter failure a few weeks ago :( , oh well Upgrade! So the car heads off to Ryne and crew at CMS. Now mind you i origionaly was just gona have them fix whtever it was and get the car back as it was, but that wasnt possible after the level of destruction was determined.

SOOOOO here comes a brand new LS3 block with a 4" forged crank, rods and pistons. hmmmmmmmmm
CMS was kind enough to get this done as quick as possilbe knowing funds were short and since the GTO is my DD i needed her back asap! any way, flash forward a couple weeks, and everything is back in the car (this is last night) were lookin good!!! car starts and sounds fanfuckingtastic!

Test drive!!!! backing it out from the bay we see a small spot of oil on the ground, hmmmm where could that be coming from?? (mind you i had already retunred my rental and it was 10pm at night, his shop is in Lake Elsinore, and i live in Santa Monica, not to mention the rental agreement had expired and now the rental company was charging me out the ASS!) needless to say im still prayin its a real simple thing.

as we continue to trace the problem we find the block is actualy weeping oil!!! WTF!? :eek2: low and behold we have a faulty block :( what kinda bullshit is that? :( any way, we tool around a bit tryin to figure out if it could be anything else, anything at all and in the end the determination is made we gotta start all over :(

So here i am stranded in Lake Elsinore, no car, 10:30 at night, and im 100 miles from home, now this is what seperates the boys from the men! Ryne thinks about it for a bit and offers to let me drive his GTO till mine is running! now how fucking amazing is that? seriously!!

Ryne, your car is sweet, and i cant thank you enough! i can in my history with shops say that ive never been lent a car thats actualy faster than my car! hahahaha

Thanks again man! I still miss mine but yours is more than enough for me :D

Guys seriously i cant recomend Ryne, Mike and crew enough! not only were they there for me when the car origionaly broke down (sunday afternoon) but they have gone well beyond the call of duty!

Cliffs: read the friggin story

Funkster 04-02-2008 11:39 AM

Simply amazing. That is amazing customer service.

EvilGTO 04-02-2008 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Funkster (Post 9064120)
Simply amazing. That is amazing customer service.

no kidding i was amazed and very happy needless to say! :D

m6ttop 04-02-2008 11:41 AM

wish I had a good reason to go tune my car....

whatsgrip? 04-02-2008 11:43 AM

That is one great shop. They have earned all their customer including me and soon both my bro and friend with a gto:D BTW EvilGTO Is yours that black GTO outside their shop? :drool:

01black 04-02-2008 11:44 AM

they never cease to amaze me down there.....Jesus that is going WAY beyond good customer service!!!!!!!!

lt1 hawk 04-02-2008 11:45 AM

that's good shit. yet another story of CMS going above and beyond the call...

Ryne @ CMS 04-02-2008 11:45 AM

i am still nervous lol........ i miss her :(

EvilGTO 04-02-2008 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by whatsgrip? (Post 9064159)
That is one great shop. They have earned all their customer including me and soon both my bro and friend with a gto:D BTW EvilGTO Is yours that black GTO outside their shop? :drool:

yes sir that is me :)

EvilGTO 04-02-2008 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS (Post 9064171)
i am still nervous lol........ i miss her :(

nothin to worry about :) although i did park her in inglewood for a while :secret2:

Just kidding :) its going to be safe n sound, im just pretending im breaking in my new motor hahaha

edit: btw Ryne, the clutch isnt that bad once you get used to it :D

CaliforniaBoy5 04-02-2008 11:53 AM

i hope mine leaks oil when i take mine in..... :secret2:

EvilGTO 04-02-2008 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5 (Post 9064246)

man i dunno about that i was sooo depressed :( just over all bumed out :(

whatsgrip? 04-02-2008 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5 (Post 9064246)

give me a wrench Ill take care of that:devil:...lol..jk

Ryne @ CMS 04-02-2008 12:07 PM

ha ha ha i dont want you guys getting the wrong idea...... this is a one time deal because of the situation lol

CaliforniaBoy5 04-02-2008 12:08 PM

^ hah we know we know...

Soul TKR 04-02-2008 12:08 PM

damn that sux/rocks :lol:

Your GTO is nice! :D

camarojunky74 04-02-2008 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by whatsgrip? (Post 9064259)
give me a wrench Ill take care of that:devil:...lol..jk

a wrench, just a pack of bubble gum lol...

anyways, thats awesome, way beyond an average shop right there, so who is picking up the bill on the defective block?

EvilGTO 04-02-2008 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS (Post 9064344)
ha ha ha i dont want you guys getting the wrong idea...... this is a one time deal because of the situation lol

aaahhh im special :D haha (as long as its not short bus special)

man im fuckin tired, cant even type today

BigDaddyBry 04-02-2008 12:17 PM

Hey Ryne, what's the daily rate on you goat? :D

EvilGTO 04-02-2008 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Soul TKR (Post 9064357)
damn that sux/rocks :lol:

Your GTO is nice! :D

i know i was very happy/sad hahahd

and thanks :)