Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Who does reasonble priced diff work in Phx area? Torsen is about to grenade.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who does reasonble priced diff work in Phx area? Torsen is about to grenade.

Well, I don't have the funds yet to do a 9" swap so thats still going to be a little while. I do atleast have a Nodular 3rd already. But the Torsen in the 10 bolt is clunking badly, and when I had the cover off to take a peek at it the worm gears are like loose. Nothing shows a ton of wear real obvious, but clearly there is. The whole thing is just loose big time when you play with rotating the wheels and or the driveshaft and watching the torsen guts. This things about to grenade. I have an OE low mileage Auburn and some great looking OE 4.11's so those need to go in to give this thing just a little longer life.

Oh, and should OE 4.11's go in an orig 3.42 gear case no problems???? Right series case to go right in?

I was planning to buy a magnetic base dial indicator and an install kit, and the video etc and do it myself. I generally don't like to pay people to work on my car when usually for less I can buy the tools and learn how to do it myself. But, I've come to the realization I just don't have the time right now. I've been limiting use on the car for months now because of the torsen issue and just need to get this resolved knowing the permanant fix will likely be a 9" swap down the road.

So, anybody know of somebody in the Phoenix area (not that it matters but I'm north valley, PV area) that can do a gear, carrier, pinion seal change and set this up with a solid pinion spacer, but not charge me an arm and a leg???? Anybody decent around other than the over priced guys?

Thanks for any help guys, really appreciate it.

Any approximate pricing to expect?

Last edited by TuffSS; 04-03-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Sorry, soliciting business for non sponsors is not allowed...see this thread - https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-support-resources/703712-non-sponsor-soliciting-policy.html

Last edited by TITAN; 04-03-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Launching!

Got it, thanks.........

Guess I was hoping there was somebody local that did it on the side for cheap?

Last edited by TuffSS; 04-04-2008 at 12:49 AM.