Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Study: Bumper stickers = Aggressive drivers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Study: Bumper stickers = Aggressive drivers

Originally Posted by AutoBlog
Colorado State University researchers have recently concluded a study on driver behavior revealing something that may or may not be surprising to you: drivers who personalize their cars with bumper stickers, custom plates and other such markings are likely to be more aggressive and confrontational out on the road. It's all about marking your territory, say the CSU eggheads. When people use their rear bumper to, say, advertise who they voted for in the last three presidential elections (along with every associated platform issue), brag about how smart their precious kids are, or remind us about the highly unfortunate event that took place on October 27, 2004, it's really the adhesive-based equivalent of what that next-door-neighbor's dog does when he lifts his leg on your gardenias.

Those stickers make cars an extension of their drivers' home turf, which they will defend if they feel you're threatening it in any way. Conversely, people whose autos retain their stock appearance are more likely to show patience behind the wheel. So, the next time you're getting yelled at, honked at, or getting the finger from another driver, try to sneak a peek at the rear bumper as they drive off in a huff. Chances are you'll find some reading material there.

Flip through the gallery below to see who you think might be the most aggressive drivers according to this new study.
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/bumpe...lery-2/869838/

I laugh but its kinda true...
Old 06-19-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Old 06-20-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well my T/A plate say "FO RACN" so does that mean i got road rage? lol
Old 06-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Banned

i have noticed in San Diego that if a car has a lightning bolt on it (for the Chargers), they drive like maniacs and ********.

Quick Reply: Study: Bumper stickers = Aggressive drivers