Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

F*cking Bank

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carry cash!!! If you would of paid cash instead of using your card for those $3 and $5 transactions you will not be in this position. Simple as that. I ALWAYS have at least $40 in my wallet for small things like that.

Also call your bank and EXPLAIN to them. Yea BoA SUCKS *** but they will let some things slip through especially if you dont mess up that often.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Well I made a $40 transfer from checking to savings at 11:xx pm on the 25th which turns out to be beyond the 10:45pm cutoff time. The next day five charges go through, over drafting my account by $17.xx. I see a balance of -$17.xx on online banking, so I transfer in another $90.00 before the transfer is processed The bank tacks on 5 overdraft fees of $35 a piece and one more pending transaction go through leaving my account at -$68.xx. I transfer $150.00 thinking its all over, no...five more transactions go through and they tack on one more overdraft fee and now my account is at -$6.xx. How many f*cking things can be pending...and why do they all have to go through at once, like from 5 days ago, all little charges too, 3 bucks here, 5 bucks there.
So for a grand total of ~$20 will probably end up costing me an additional $315.
Sorry had to let it out before I break something.
\rant

that is the reason i switched from b of a, they robbed me over at least $1500 from that ****. i must of signed up for overdraft protection a dozen times but it doesnt do ****.

i went to wells fargo.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

oh and sometimes if you go into the bank, ask to ask to a senior banker and tell them what happened and they will reverse some of the charges. if you just call them they won't give a ****.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

go and talk all nice and be all helpless, the might take some off
Old 08-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hlaalu
oh and sometimes if you go into the bank, ask to ask to a senior banker and tell them what happened and they will reverse some of the charges. if you just call them they won't give a ****.
x2... Even if they only remove 2 or so, that's still $60+ you saved. Better than nothing.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

was it wamu? if it makes you feel better, wheni cancelled my wamu account they let me know that i had $900 in overdraft fees in 1 year. switched to orange countys credit union and not 1 overdraft fee since., wamu does it on purpose
Old 08-29-2008, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Have you guys not heard of overdraft protection? whenever my bank account is going to go neg it pulls 100 dollars from my credit card and get charged 10 bux. 10 dollars sounds a lot better then those 30 dollar overdraft fees. I have bank of america aswell
Old 08-29-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My bank will see that you tried to transfer before the other stuff went through, and regardless of the charges posting first they won't charge overdraft fees based on the time that you initiated the transfer rather than from when it actually went through.

I can have 20 cents in my account and deposit my check at 6:29 on friday night and spend money all weekend long and they don't charge any overdraft charges because I did actually initiate the deposit before the charges, even though it doesn't "post" as having been deposited until monday. They will also "rearrange" my charges so that if a bunch of small ones wouldn't have caused an overdraft they come first, then the larger charge comes last, instead of posting the large one that causes an overdraft and leaves you negative and then posting all of the little ones and charging an overdraft fee for each. They REALLY work to my advantage and I have been very happy and appreciative over it when I needed it.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
My bank will see that you tried to transfer before the other stuff went through, and regardless of the charges posting first they won't charge overdraft fees based on the time that you initiated the transfer rather than from when it actually went through.

I can have 20 cents in my account and deposit my check at 6:29 on friday night and spend money all weekend long and they don't charge any overdraft charges because I did actually initiate the deposit before the charges, even though it doesn't "post" as having been deposited until monday. They will also "rearrange" my charges so that if a bunch of small ones wouldn't have caused an overdraft they come first, then the larger charge comes last, instead of posting the large one that causes an overdraft and leaves you negative and then posting all of the little ones and charging an overdraft fee for each. They REALLY work to my advantage and I have been very happy and appreciative over it when I needed it.
What bank is that?
Old 08-29-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

^^^^

..jk..lol
Old 08-29-2008, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by oneBADDz

ur post is pointless unless u give us the bank name...

i was just at BofA depositing my check...meanwhile in line was about 5 people filling out deposit forms...so i said screw it ill jsut have the teller do it...so i roll up to the window (the teller looks like he hates life)...i said i jsut wanan make a deposit, so i hand him two checks and he is like...(in a snobby tone)"there was no deposits slips over there"...and i was like...yea but im lazy, didnt wanan wait for a pen to fill one out, so i thought u would like to fill it out for me...lol...he got so pissed...i jsut told him...if u dont want to help me then i will gladly speak to ur manager......i knew i should have waited until afer lunch time to go to the bank

if u want better customer service...call them regarding anything online...or reducing rates on your credit cards and you surely run into people who will give u a crappy atittude

there are some hot chicks working in there though...
Old 08-30-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it was beyond the time one the 25th, shouldn't it have posted on the 26th, or is that the cut-off time to post for the 26th?

These charges are a huge profit center for the banks. If you don't carry a large average daily balance, I doubt they'll do anything for you (unless the manager is feeling especially sympathetic that day, which you can't to be successful in banking).
Old 08-30-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Word!!! F*ck Cingular!! I Hate Bank Of America..ya Know I Thought Bout Switching Back To Them, Cuz Ill Be Moving Out Of State, And I Highly Doubt They Have Any Credit Unions. But After Reading About The Op Getting Screwed ...f*ck Bank Of America!!!!

Been Thinkin Bout Wachovia Or Wells Fargo Though!!
Old 08-31-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

b of a here i like it gotten 3 overdraft fees waived and every time they told me it would be the last time LOL
i just argue because its usualy under 10 bucks that i go over and tell them im switchin to WAMOO!
i call them i don't deal with it in person..
Old 08-31-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
What bank is that?
It is city bank, www.citybankonline.com

I don't know if they do anything outside of texas or not. Not to be confused with citIbank, it's city bank. I've never been more impressed or appreciative with a bank as I have been with how good they treat me regarding things like that. I had issues with BoA and Wells Fargo just like everyone else. My WF expeience was absolutely horible, the seem to simple "lose money" and won't do anything to fix it when you can easily show them documentation of what you have deposited that simply isn't there like it should be.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:35 AM
On The Tree

Go to another bank. I've had bad luck myself with BofA. Since I moved to Citibank, I haven't had any problems. I even had someone steal $900 from my account, and Citibank replaced the money ASAP. Pretty good.

Quick Reply: F*cking Bank