Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI
View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
John McCain
51.20%
Barack Obama
24.00%
Neither... We're Screwed either way...
24.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Politics: Presidency

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by erasedgod
Sick, you do realize that McCain's tax plans would be worse for middle class Americans, right?

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...oes_again.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2..._bunk.html2008
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...eceptions.html

I don't support either media appointed candidate, I'm fighting ignorance.
Yes, but what by some 700 dollars a year? Thats not enough to over look the big picture, Middle class taxes under Mccain's plan would still be lower than they are by a few hundred dollars. And while you are so worried about saving 700 hundred dollars a year, look how bad his tax the **** out of the "rich" plan would be. Where would middle class americans be with out big coorporations creating millions of jobs, they depend on them for more than a few hundred bucks a year.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also the reason you are losing so many jobs, is because your HEALTH CARE COSTS are through the roof.....the companies just CANNOT PAY the stupid money which is asked for EVERY SINGLE WORKER.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by L3THAL_Z28
I'm being ignorant? haha please...if they take more money or if i have to pay more tax its not going to affect me trust me I'm not you and you're not me so you wouldn't know. As to the fact that i'm good regardless of who is elected and that makes me ignorant...well i think thats an ignorant comment/assumption in your case. What threats man? Has terrorism done its job with you? What is the purpose of terrorism? Isn't it to keep you on your heels? Paranoid about when the next attack is coming? It seems as if its done the job with you. A lot of people in the US are scared...the government seems paranoid...I think the terrorists have done their job in this country. Quit being a puppet of the media bro.
What you said about it having no effect on you was ignorant, Yes, if you dont care then I dont care thats your thing. How is it not important that we spend money countering plots, and attacks, I guess if not seeing a bunch of airplanes flying into buildings and killing thousands wasnt a wake up call to you of how sick and twisted organizations are out there with a single goal, to kill americans. If thats not a wake up call nothing is. But wait Im sure the media added special effects and twisted it the wrong way, we shouldnt be worried.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1sick'98WS6
Where would middle class americans be with out big coorporations creating millions of jobs, they depend on them for more than a few hundred bucks a year.
So... all the big businesses in the US are going to fire everyone because of a slight tax increase? This doesn't seem likely to me.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Teching In

I guess if not seeing a bunch of airplanes flying into buildings and killing thousands wasnt a wake up call to you of how sick and twisted organizations are out there with a single goal, to kill americans
You're right. We should absolutely continue destroying sovereign nations and ignoring the organizations that "want to kill Americans". The "War on Terror" is a farce. It's just like the "War on Drugs": another way to funnel money to certain people. It gives you the illusion of safety, not actual safety.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

All of us? Really? Come on now. I don't work for a small business. Do you? I consider myself middle class. Either way (McCain or Obama), I'm paying way too much in taxes, but as it stands, the rich have plenty of loopholes to avoid paying the taxes. The only tax break I get is when I'm in Iraq. Even then I pay social security and medicare.
im sorry bad bad word choice on mypart....i meant most
Old 09-22-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're right. We should absolutely continue destroying sovereign nations and ignoring the organizations that "want to kill Americans". The "War on Terror" is a farce. It's just like the "War on Drugs": another way to funnel money to certain people. It gives you the illusion of safety, not actual safety.
Obama has no limit to how much he will tax them he will tax them until alot go belly up, and its more that a few jobs...dont undermine that. The unemployment rate will go out of control and that is just one more thing to pay for, either that or they will be forced to move capital overseas and create jobs there. That wont help the middle class buddy. You can watch your mike moore videos about this "farce" but its not true. The answer is not to put a dough dick in there preaching diplomacy and come out with a big happy safe peaceful world.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
in your honest opinion, would you really want to live in any those countries...??? NOT VISIT..but actually live there...im looking at that list and there is NO SHOT i would live anywhere else but here...

the U.S. has the BEST quality healthcare in the world...hands down...is it cheap???nope...are there flaws??? yup...

does life sometimes suck....? yup, lol

i need a beer
yup life sometimes sucks...just be glad it doesn't for either of us though lol
I can't complain...when i had my knee surgery all the paperwork and **** went by quick and smooth

As for living somewhere else...no i don't want to leave the US because this is what i've known my whole life...BUT if i absolutely had to live somewhere else and i had to pick from that list i would consider Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Greece, UK, Mexico (cancun ) and Japan (to beat up on some ricers )

Last edited by L3THAL_Z28; 09-22-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Obama has no limit to how much he will tax them he will tax them until alot go belly up, and its more that a few jobs...dont undermine that. The unemployment rate will go out of control and that is just one more thing to pay for, either that or they will be forced to move capital overseas and create jobs there. That wont help the middle class buddy. You can watch your mike moore videos about this "farce" but its not true. The answer is not to put a dough dick in there preaching diplomacy and come out with a big happy safe peaceful world.
Oh, I didn't realize you were an economist, military advisor, and a psychic. I don't know what Mike Moore said about it being a farce. I just know what I've seen and researched heavily... it is my life, after all.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont recall saying I was an economist, military advisor and a psychic. I assumed you had the intellectual ability to understand that what I say is an opinion, and strong belief of mine. That is what makes up political parties after all. Research is great, and people will interpret things differently.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

couldn't agree more

What you said about it having no effect on you was ignorant, Yes, if you dont care then I dont care thats your thing. How is it not important that we spend money countering plots, and attacks, I guess if not seeing a bunch of airplanes flying into buildings and killing thousands wasnt a wake up call to you of how sick and twisted organizations are out there with a single goal, to kill americans. If thats not a wake up call nothing is. But wait Im sure the media added special effects and twisted it the wrong way, we shouldnt be worried.
you sir need to stop watching Fox 11 news at 10

So Iraq was going to attack us? because last time i checked they never found nuclear or biological weapons...or any evidence of a planned attack from that nation. Now we have to pay to rebuild Iraq...thanks to sheep minded people like you who approve anything the govt. says and believe everything the media tells you. So now that we have Iraq out the question, wasn't it the whole mission of the "War on terror" to take down terrorist organizations targeting the US? because last time i checked non of them have been wiped out. Hmm...isn't that quite odd? I guess its not important for the US itself to funnel the money correctly and TARGET those organizations...but its ok becuase you heard from someone, who heard from someone, who heard from his daddy Bush that they are fighting terrorism.

Oh and i'm sorry if ignorance is defined as not being affected in a way that will have a significant impact in my life. Not my fault it affects your life. Get over it.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

couldn't agree more

you sir need to stop watching Fox 11 news at 10

So Iraq was going to attack us? because last time i checked they never found nuclear or biological weapons...or any evidence of a planned attack from that nation. Now we have to pay to rebuild Iraq...thanks to sheep minded people like you who approve anything the govt. says and believe everything the media tells you. So now that we have Iraq out the question, wasn't it the whole mission of the "War on terror" to take down terrorist organizations targeting the US? because last time i checked non of them have been wiped out. Hmm...isn't that quite odd? I guess its not important for the US itself to funnel the money correctly and TARGET those organizations...but its ok becuase you heard from someone, who heard from someone, who heard from his daddy Bush that they are fighting terrorism.

Oh and i'm sorry if ignorance is defined as not being affected in a way that will have a significant impact in my life. Not my fault it affects your life. Get over it.
I feel it was a HUGE mistake to bring down SADDAM HUSSEIN...he kept TERRORISTS --OUT of IRAQ..
Old 09-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Teching In

I dont recall saying I was an economist, military advisor and a psychic. I assumed you had the intellectual ability to understand that what I say is an opinion, and strong belief of mine. That is what makes up political parties after all. Research is great, and people will interpret things differently.
I didn't realize you lacked the "intellectual ability" to distinguish between a statement of fact (This will happen) and an opinion (That is pretty).

Anyway, I say we drop it. I have a feeling this thread is teetering on the edge already.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont support bush, but dont even try to make the war out to be a complete failure, dont mention the fact that over 20 million Iraqi's were also freed from evil dictator ship, dont look how we are also along with other countrys making them much better off than before. Just because we havent found it doesnt mean the threat is not out there.

Also, I hope im not in a debate with the same child who started the peter griffin thread. That shows me what i need to know right there.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't realize you lacked the "intellectual ability" to distinguish between a statement of fact (This will happen) and an opinion (That is pretty).

Anyway, I say we drop it. I have a feeling this thread is teetering on the edge already.
Fair enough. I enjoy hearing both sides, honestly, But this can turn into 29 pages and it still wont go anywhere. And I do respect the fact and thank you that you serve our country. Really.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont support bush, but dont even try to make the war out to be a complete failure, dont mention the fact that over 20 million Iraqi's were also freed from evil dictator ship, dont look how we are also along with other countrys making them much better off than before. Just because we havent found it doesnt mean the threat is not out there.

Also, I hope im not in a debate with the same child who started the peter griffin thread. That shows me what i need to know right there.
you obviously need some reading comprehension classes since i never said it wasn't out there but simply pointed out the fact that the govt. used that as a sorry excuse to go after Iraq. Yeah Iraqis were freed but what the **** were we doing in there in the first place? Did the UN call a meeting and all the attending countries voted that the US be the protector of the free world? because if thats the case then we've missed a couple of targets...mainly Cuba.

and what does the Peter Griffin thread have anything to do with this? you now have me thinking if the real child here isn't you by bringing in a totally irrelevant subject into the discussion. Please bring some facts into your meaningless opinionated posts or
Old 09-22-2008, 05:26 PM
zjt
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
in your honest opinion, would you really want to live in any those countries...??? NOT VISIT..but actually live there...im looking at that list and there is NO SHOT i would live anywhere else but here...

the U.S. has the BEST quality healthcare in the world...hands down...is it cheap???nope...are there flaws??? yup...

does life sometimes suck....? yup, lol

i need a beer
I agree with you, have another beer on me
Old 09-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Obama!!!

Im gonna keep it short and simple!!!

Its all about the "change!"

We do not want another Bush for another 4 year term! Screw that. We had enough. NO MORE REPUBLICANS!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

you obviously need some reading comprehension classes since i never said it wasn't out there but simply pointed out the fact that the govt. used that as a sorry excuse to go after Iraq. Yeah Iraqis were freed but what the **** were we doing in there in the first place? Did the UN call a meeting and all the attending countries voted that the US be the protector of the free world? because if thats the case then we've missed a couple of targets...mainly Cuba.

and what does the Peter Griffin thread have anything to do with this? you now have me thinking if the real child here isn't you by bringing in a totally irrelevant subject into the discussion. Please bring some facts into your meaningless opinionated posts or
President Bush had the unenviable task of stopping the carnage after 9/11 meaning he could no longer stick his head in the sand as President’s Clinton, Reagan, Carter, and Ford had done. Islamic terrorists had to be squashed – or as the Doctor says, killed if they could not be reformed. SO why wouldnt we go there knowing that Sadamm hussein had links to AL qauda. Maybe it wasnt the perfect setting for it to happen, but something actually had to be done.

You are a complete joke and it has revelance because you have proven enough in that thread that I shouldnt even be arguing with you
Old 09-22-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

President Bush had the unenviable task of stopping the carnage after 9/11 meaning he could no longer stick his head in the sand as President’s Clinton, Reagan, Carter, and Ford had done. Islamic terrorists had to be squashed – or as the Doctor says, killed if they could not be reformed. SO why wouldnt we go there knowing that Sadamm hussein had links to AL qauda. Maybe it wasnt the perfect setting for it to happen, but something actually had to be done.

You are a complete joke and it has revelance because you have proven enough in that thread that I shouldnt even be arguing with you
Ok yeah there had to be something done about 9/11 we agree on that. Enter Iraq...the scapegoat. Now show me proof that Hussein has ties with Al-Qaeda not assumptions or reports you heard on TV or that he was an immediate threat to this country...you spelled it wrong by the way

all i hear from you is how that other thread relates to this one somehow but you have nothing further to build upon. What exactly does it have to do with what we are talking about now? People loved that thread lol...thats a failure of an attempt prove your point i'm kinda starting to feel sorry for yah...hell i might just start ignoring your bullshit posts

Quick Reply: Politics: Presidency