Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Firehawk wheel repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Firehawk wheel repair

I picked up some chrome 17" FIREBIRD Firehawks for cheap recently, but at least one has a gash in it and will need to be repaired - all of them have some form of curb rash. For all I know one or more may be bent slightly too (not visibly). All are holding air, but as usual the chrome is peeling on the ID (common for Firehawks).

Are there any good shops in southern California that can repair some chrome Firehawks to look just like new? I'd imagine its harder to get Firehawks looking like new because of the smooth curves on the outside edge...

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited by ZexGX; 09-26-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I picked up some chrome 17" Firehawks for cheap recently, but at least one has a gash in it and will need to be repaired - all of them have some form of curb rash. For all I know one or more may be bent slightly too (not visibly). All are holding air, but as usual the chrome is peeling on the ID (common for Firehawks).

Are there any good shops in southern California that can repair some chrome Firehawks to look just like new? I'd imagine its harder to get Firehawks looking like new because of the smooth curves on the outside edge...
Are these G8 Firehawk or Firebird Firehawk wheels.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Launching!

mag masters on edinger and grand can do it or santa ana wheel up off the 91 and 57 frwy
Old 09-26-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wheels America in LA fixed the set I sold for 1,700.00 on E-bay.

Fig
Old 09-26-2008, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 01black
mag masters on edinger and grand can do it or santa ana wheel up off the 91 and 57 frwy
Alright, I'll check 'em out. Have you seen any of their work?

Originally Posted by topfig1
Wheels America in LA fixed the set I sold for 1,700.00 on E-bay.

Fig
How much did they charge ya and how bad were they compared to the ones you sold me?

The wheels have been off the car for a while. I'm kinda worried about that one wheel with the chip that's about to fall off... LOL.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They were about the same except two were bent from pot holes in NYC. Those are straight, the worst rash on those was in a parking lot on miramar due to a foggy windshield and an impatient driver at 5 mph so I am sure they are straight. I ended up paying 600.00. All in all well worth it. The lip has a small piece gone but it is fine. I have had them well over 100 quite a few times.

Fig
Old 09-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Launching!

i had a broken wheel from too low psi in my mickys and driving in ontario over potholes on etiwanda and mission street...it was like a blister fracture right in the middle of the wheel and mag masters fixed it no problem...they are kinda on the ******* side customer service wise tho

Quick Reply: Firehawk wheel repair