What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Hey!!! I need some HELP in here is this f-body worth $11,000

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey!!! I need some HELP in here is this f-body worth $11,000

96 Camaro Z28 6 speed, hardtop with 17k miles (it is red with a red hardtop, I have never seen another like it). My cousin bought this car new,and had it until a couple years ago. This car looks like it did the day he bought it. It sat in a bubble in his garage and he changed the oil every 3 to 6 months. The most miles he put on it between oil changes was 700 or 800 miles. Everything done to the car has been documented in the service book, a sometimes he never even drove the car and changed all fluids after 3-6 months (eng,trans,diff,etc. only all synthetic oils have ever been used) . He sold the car to a another collector about two years ago with about 10k mi. Since then it has been traded to two other car collectors that have taken very good care of it.
I was thinking about buying the car off of the guy that has it now, but I did'nt know how to go about finding out how much it was worth because I havent seen one to compare it to. If you guys could help help me out by letting me know what you think its worth, I would greatly appreciate it. I know it would probally be worth more to me than anyone else because I know the story on the car, but I didnt want to loose my a$$ on it if I had to sell it, and want to be cautious because it has the LT1. Thanks four time and help I appreciate it, Jason

SORRY I DONT HAVE ANY PICTURES!!!

I dont know all mods but some include:

17" Weld Scorpions and Goodyear Eagle F1's
throttle body ported and mabey larger mm
Hypertech Power Programer
SLP cold air intake
sub-frame connectors
panhard bar
strut tower bar
And prob. more I dont know or think of

Thanks,
Jason
Old 02-21-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, if its worth that to you then its worth it. Those miles are very impressive lt1 or not. I personaly dont have such a distaste for the lt1's like many do. I never had a problem with my opti( i did switch it when i did my cam swap though) and I love the cable clutch all day long over the hydraulic that comes with the ls1. I prefer the feeling of the cable hookup over the "empty" feeling of the hydraulic if that makes sense. All that being said, the 2 things that the car has going for it is the miles and sentimental value...so, if you were to sell it, the miles would be the only good thing. 11k might be a little steep, but then again im cheap so what do i know. I would feel better paying around 9500...just under that 10k mark.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:32 AM

That is about where I would be comfortable buying it, but 1 year ago I would have been happy to pay 11k for it! Every time I scroll through the classifieds section it blows my mind how cheap the LS1 cars are going for.

Im not shure, but I think when he sold it a few years ago thats about what he got (9 to 10k with about 10k miles, he actually traded even for a new Yamaha R1)!!! At the time I would have bought it for 13k but it was gone before I knew about it.

I just thought I would check around and see what other peoples opinion's were!
Thanks for your opinion Jason

Last edited by Jason Fisher; 02-22-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Teching In

much better options out there for 11 grand

Quick Reply: Hey!!! I need some HELP in here is this f-body worth $11,000