What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 Camaro Z28--NBM

Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1999 Camaro Z28--NBM

Been bebating on selling my 1999 Z28 Camaro for a while now.

Its a 99 Z28, about 60K on it original miles. It is an automatic. I'm the second owner, bought it from my dad a little over a year ago. Right now the car is not inspected or registered. The AC went out during the summer and has not really been driven since, I go out and start it every few days though.

Its NBM. tan cloth interior, monsoon system, 3.23 gears. Mostly stock. It has an SLP airlid, Shaner S3 ported TB, new plug wires, new SLP LM1 muffler single outlet hidden, had the TB bypass done.

All new speakers for the monsoon, although the wiring probably needs to be re-done (infinity shallow mount 2 way-front door, kicker shallow mounts-sail panel, kicker 4" round for the hatch)
BitViper shorty antenna, black billet front grill, did the berger panel mod.

A/C was serviced last year when I bought it, GM dealer said it was good, but about 7 months later went out again. I have not had it looked at.
Passenger side window motor is slow at times--probably needs replacing soon. Side window tint needs to be re-done. There are scratches in the paint, nothing major, but probably more than just normal for its age, the roof was scratched by a damn cat. Drivers side front seat has a hole in the cover. Stock chrome 16's they are in OK condition, but someone will definitely want to upgrade them. Front tires and rears are different brands but same size. The car runs great, but really needs someone to give it a little TLC and put some money into it to make it look nice. I had big plans for it, but just never really had the time or money to invest into it.

I looked on NADA and it showed clean retail to be approx $9000, KBB showed good condition private party a little over $6K and fair about $5500K. I think the car would fall somewhere between good and fair, but want to see what real world someone might offer for it. Also, what would be my honest possibilty of selling this car for a fair amount?

Last edited by L33Z71; 11-11-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Teching In

This is kind of long but I am just giving you my honest observation. Your car looks good in the two pics you posted. Would be good to post more pics of the car, at least 2 more of the exterior and interior, especially the driver seat and carpet. Pic of engine would be good too. I see you are in TX and there are always a lot of LS1 4th gens for sale, especially in the big cities. You have a few big current strikes against your car, not inspected, not registered, and non working AC. When most people buy a late model car they want to start enjoying it right away. As your car sits you will be lucky to get $4K for it in this market. NADA is only for loan officers to book a loan value against and dealers to value trade in's. If you do not have a SES light on get it inspected, pay your $56 for the year and get the registration up to date, and at least have the AC looked at. Definitely take it back to the dealership that did it. No repaired AC system should go out in 7mos. Never know, could be something simple. If the stickers were current but the AC was still out you could probably get closer to $5K for it. With the AC working and current stickers you are in the $5500 - $6300 range.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Hardway
This is kind of long but I am just giving you my honest observation. Your car looks good in the two pics you posted. Would be good to post more pics of the car, at least 2 more of the exterior and interior, especially the driver seat and carpet. Pic of engine would be good too. I see you are in TX and there are always a lot of LS1 4th gens for sale, especially in the big cities. You have a few big current strikes against your car, not inspected, not registered, and non working AC. When most people buy a late model car they want to start enjoying it right away. As your car sits you will be lucky to get $4K for it in this market. NADA is only for loan officers to book a loan value against and dealers to value trade in's. If you do not have a SES light on get it inspected, pay your $56 for the year and get the registration up to date, and at least have the AC looked at. Definitely take it back to the dealership that did it. No repaired AC system should go out in 7mos. Never know, could be something simple. If the stickers were current but the AC was still out you could probably get closer to $5K for it. With the AC working and current stickers you are in the $5500 - $6300 range.

Appreciate the heads up. I can get the registration and inspection done. It has no problem being inspected, honestly just let it lapse and its just been an afterthought. The only problem with taking it to the same dealership to look at the A/C is that it was in Brenham where my dad lives, I really don't want to drive 2 hours just to have them look at it. I do appreciate the advice.

Oh, and just to mention, the A/C was working good and blew real cold after it was serviced, they had just filled it up with freon. There must be a leak somewhere in the system, right now it just blows luke warm or hot air.

Last edited by L33Z71; 11-11-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 Camaro Z28--NBM