What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 Camaro SS w/ 40k Miles

Old 03-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Camaro SS w/ 40k Miles

Ok, well I'm looking at this car locally and I'm trying to determine if its worth what he is asking for. He is asking for $14,500 and is very firm on the price. He says he bought it 2 years ago with 37k miles on it for 16.5k and now it has just under 40k miles with all the following stuff below.

2001 Camaro SS

Odometer is slightly less than 40k miles & looks brand new always garage kept with a cover.

T-tops
Leather
Ipod jack
Always used Royal Purple Motor Oil

Full Borla Adjustable Exhaust with the crazy tips
QTP Electronic Exhaust Dump
Jet Hot Ceramic Coated LT Headers & ORY
Comp Cam (Not sure on the grind specs I'll ask for these soon)
Engine Strut Tower Brace

Fully rebuilt 4L60E w/ Shift-kit
Vigilante Lockup Stall Converter rated @ 2800 rpm

ZR1 Rims w/ 315 back tires

Dynoed @ 380 rwhp

What do you guys think, is 14.5 too much?

Old 03-19-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

The price is fair if YOU really like the car and the mods. It is not an easy sell for the owner as the car will appeal to a younger crowd only and how many young people have $14k handy in these tough times (plus loans are not that easy to obtain on a 9 year old car). I would still offer a bit less in CASH in person if possible and see what happens. Once you inspect it in person, and if you decide you really love it, don't pass it by but try to offer less anyway. Good luck!
Old 03-20-2010, 04:41 PM
KBG
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to buy that car forever ago on autotrader and apparently it's still for sale....at the time he was asking 15500 for it

BTW the car is a manufacturer buyback.....or lemon if you will (I pulled a carfax)

He said it was due to a leaky rear end and it really didnt bother me but I didn't want to pay that much $$$ because if I ever wanted to get rid of the car I would have just as hard of a time selling it as he has.....and it appears to be a very nice car

Last edited by KBG; 03-21-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro SS w/ 40k Miles