What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Z28 86,xxx upgrading from 3.8l

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z28 86,xxx upgrading from 3.8l

Should I get it?

1999 Chevrolet Z28 Camaro. It has 86,XXX miles, Automatic, T-Tops, Dual Spin tech exhaust, throttle body spacer, 8mm plug wires, Kenwood CD Player.Driver seat has a small tear in it.

I think it needs to be repainted due to there being clear coat peeling, fading, and the rear driver quarter panel has a dent the pervious owner tried fixing, theres still a indentation.

I was strongly considering buying it and taking it straight to a shop to get repainted black with clear coat and getting the rear quarter fixed correctly.

I've just been looking on craigslist for someone to get it done all at once, seems like I can get it done for $1k, base coat black with clear coat.

How much would you pay for this to be worth it? $3700?

If I painted it, how much do you think I could sell it for?

Does anyone know where I could find an affordable rear quarter?

Last edited by OnYoGooch; 03-27-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Old 03-28-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

That won't be much of a paint job for that $$ but let's say you make it look presentable and it drives decent for about $5,000 total outlay (that is really bare bones). We haven't talked about condition at all or what else it needs besides a driver's seat repair. Tires? Fluids? You might get $6,000 for it, maybe $7,000 on a good day. So much other info is needed. Maintenance records? abused? number of owners? This will all play out if you decide to re-sell. If you were buying for yourself it is fine to sink a few grand into it at that price but re-sale is tough and making a profit won't be easy.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Teching In

I'm not necessarily looking to make a profit, but an ls1 has been my dream haha

I can't find the title for my 3.8L and someones got cash haha.