What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 white ws6 from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 white ws6 from dealer

is a white 02 ws6 in near excellent with all options and 68,800 miles worth 14,000 from a dealer? tails are blacked out and windows are tinted. thank you
Old 04-23-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

A little more information would be nice.
That kind of money is retail for an excellent condition car. If one-owner, really clean, non-abused with documented maintenance history, then maybe yes. Does it need anything like tires or brakes? Any dings or paint work? Any problems with the interior? Door panel cracks? Headlights work OK? Lots of mods or basically stock? Be careful before paying retail or your $14k car will cost you a lot more and you will be thousands in the hole if you ever had to sell it.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 owners, clean carfax. body is mint. interior is pretty much mint. underbody is pretty much rust free. car is bone stock minus the blackout tails and tints. everything works and drives good. how much cheaper do you think i might be able to get this car for?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Always depends on the needs of the seller. He might be an idiot and demand retail or be willing to work the price down to 'reasonable'. I've personally never seen a mint car of any type with close to 70,000 miles on it unless it was professionally restored. Look more closely. It probably is in good condition. I would still sure like to know the maintenance history and what it needs. If all the fluids need to be replaced then that adds up in a hurry unless you can do them yourself. A dealer or high end shop will be in the $700 neighborhood for all the fluids. Dexcool, tranny, rear end, power steering, brakes. You get the picture. If none of this info is known I would offer $12,000 cash, knowing you will be sinking another $1,000 into the car. That would be OK if you love the car. Walk away if he says no. It is still a buyer's market. So much more info is needed.