What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 Trans Am w/93K miles?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Trans Am w/93K miles?

The car in my sig.

Here's a link to my photobucket http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...%20Trans%20Am/

I've been offered $8900 cash for the car, but I'm hesitating a little, just trying not to jump too quick and regret it. I think that's a decent offer, but I'm just looking around a little. My only reason for selling this would be to try and get into a C5 corvette. I just don't want to regret selling a nice TA and having to settle for a C5 with issues. Best thing would be if I found someone who needed cash but still wanted a nice car, then we could negotiate how many thousands I have to spend.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

$8900 is right on the money for a car with that mileage. If you have a cash buyer, take it.
As far as buying a C5, expect problems like you would with any used car. Now if you pay top $$ for a really nicely maintained, one or two owner, C5 then you will probably have fewer issues. You know the old saying, "You get what you pay for." Very true in most instances. Good luck! The search for a nice C5 can be a lot of fun and don't be afraid to travel to find it.