What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

about to be buying a 94 z28

Old 01-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default about to be buying a 94 z28

hey everyone, i am about to buying a 98 z28. its in a 94 shell, but has the 98 ls1 and t56 in it. i am supposed to be test driving it today, and the guy has told me that it is hard to get into gear due to a damaged pressure plate but its still driveable. he wants 4k for this car. i am aware that its not just that simple, cause the clutch will not engage properly a new pressure plate attached to it. my family has delt with camaros for awhile, and we know our way around the engine and trans pretty well. my question is though, he wants 4000 for this car, but the clutch kit is gonna cost me around 600-900 its self. i am going to talk the guy down, but i need to know about what the car is worth itself given what ive stated, any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends how many miles are on the body (condition/clean title) and the motor/trans swapped in. The LT body cars aren't worth much, so just going off having an LS engine in it i'd say $3k at the most..especially needing trans work
Old 01-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do u think my car would be worth honestly..im trying to upgrade to a LS1...has 202K miles M6 tranny....interior is great..slight tear on driver seat (1 inch)...has headers intake, flowmaster, rear AGX shocks..sound system..just curious

Search this Thread