What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Is this a good deal?

Old 06-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal?

I found a 1998 z28 LS1 camaro Silver with leather and its a convertible. The car is gorgeous it also has 100,000 Miles. My dads a mechanic and sais the engine is as tight as can be with no knocks misses etc. The car shifts excellent everything works PERFECTLY! There is a few slight cosmetic problems though. Such as the glass on the convertible top in the back is starting to seperate, The fuse box cover in the engine bay is missing. The passenger switches on the door popped out because the plastic tabs snapped the ash tray snapped. The driver side seat has a small rip and the dash board has a crack. Other then that the car is flawless, The engine bay is perfectly clean interior is spotless paint is clean and no dents or clear fading. Now I picked up this car for $3,600 clean car fax no accident or anything. Was this a good deal? Thanks in advance. Also what would this car go for if i were to re-sell this car? Thanks again.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

You can find cars in similar condition on autotrader and craigslist for over $10K. A more realistic figure though is $4500 in the condition you describe and $5000-$5500 if you fix the cosmetic problems, at least where I live. You didn't say if it's an M6 or A4, but M6s seem to sell for a little more, just because they're somewhat rare, again, where I live.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Oh its a A4 car haha
Old 06-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Teching In

If you take the time to fix the problems, it sounds like you have a good car. If there were no known engine/trans/drivetrain problems, then I'd say you got a steal. My first car was a ford ranger that the dealer sold me for ~$2000 because the engine didnt run well. A couple hundred dollars later after I bought a new coil pack, I had an excellent running truck!

You got any pics of this thing?!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Ill be sure to take the pictrures 2mrw
Old 06-21-2011, 09:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

"Other then that the car is flawless". Amazing what your eyes see when in love.
Sounds like you did OK with some room for repairs and improvements. Getting your dad's is HUGE!! Flipping it for a higher price is dreaming unless you consider a few hundred bucks a big profit maker. People don't pay big $$ for 100k miles cars unless completely unaware.
Enjoy your ride!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this a good deal?