What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1998 Camaro Z28 w/ Built T-56 and Blown LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Camaro Z28 w/ Built T-56 and Blown LS1

Hey everyone, I have owned this car since 2005 and originally purchased it from Alabama. It has never seen snow and is clean inside and out. Last fall I spun a bearing and the car was parked until about two weeks ago. The year before that the transmission went out so I sent the T-56 to Tick Performance in NC and had a stage two rebuild performed. At the same time I ordered and installed a Monster Stage 3 complete Clutch Set, New 2000+ Slave, Tick Adjustable Master Cylinder and Hurst shifter. The rear end was also recently replaced with a 4 Chan 3.42 Carrier with new seals and so forth.

Last night the motor threw a rod, it has not punctured the block however from the sounds of it I can only assume that if not removed it will very soon. The engine was originally replaced in 2004 and has about 60K on it, the car has 120K and the trans has about 10K.

I spent close to $4,000 on the transmission work last spring and have the paperwork to show that. The car as it sits is complete with a stock exhaust with the exception of a Hooker muffler and tips, nice tires on late model firebird wheels, clean gray cloth interior and so forth.

Here are the mods performed

Engine:
- SLP Cold Air Lid
- SLP Smooth Air Bellow
- K&N Air Filter
- New Plugs and Wires (Fall 2010)

Transmission:
- Stage 2 Rebuild w/ Viper Input and Tail Shafts (Tick Performance)
- Monster Stage 3 Clutch Set w/ Remote Bleeder
- New Style GM Slave Cylinder
- Tick Performance Adjustable Master Cylinder
- Hurst 5.0 Pro Shifter

Rearend:
- 3.42 Posi w/ Disc Brakes and New Seals (ABS and TCS)
- Poly Sway Bar End Links and Fresh Paint

Exterior:
- Aftermarket Camaro SS Hood (Black w/o Cutout)
- Aftermarket Camaro SS Spoiler
- Smoked Altezza Tail Lights
- Smoked Halo Style Front Headlights
- Polished Stainless Camaro SS Badges

I am gauging interest and looking for an approximate value of the car as it sits, as well as if I were to part it out. The vehicle is located in Waukesha, WI and I will attach some pics. Any help is greatly appreciated, right now all this car needs is a new engine to be considered immaculate. Thanks

Old 08-22-2011, 04:24 AM
Teching In

bump
Old 08-25-2011, 02:34 AM
Teching In

bump again, no ideas?

Quick Reply: 1998 Camaro Z28 w/ Built T-56 and Blown LS1