What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

01 t/a

Old 12-04-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 01 t/a

Just curious what my car is worth. I would say 7-8k or so. It is an 01 T/A M6. Black with ebony interior. The door panels are cracked like most of the others around. It has some mods on it like a hurst short throw, umi suspension (roto joints dbl adj lca's and panhard bar, bolt in sfc's) dms lowering springs, billstein shocks flowmaster 80 series, it also has repo z06 rims with brand new tires on them. The rims are 17x9.5 up front and 18x10 out back. Those are the major mods that I can think of. It has a bunch of little things like led sidemarkers and stuff and a gunmetal ceta mod. I also have the stock rims still. I use those for winter. The car has about 85k on it right now. It still runs solid and I have kept up on everything. Here are some pics. i don't have any of the interior since this is just me trying to get a ballpark of what it is worth.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Looks really nice! I would ask in the $9,000 range first and see if you get any bites. If nothing, then you should have a definite sale in your $7,000 - $8,000 range. Be patient during this time of the season (holidays) as car sales really slow down. GLWS!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't completely made up my mind on if I want to sell it or not. I want to see if I can get a dedicated dd before I sell the T/A. Right now I just have no passion for the car. Part of that reason is because I am stressed about getting back and forth to school in the winter. The past two winters it was really hard and now that it is lowered I think it is going to be impossible this winter. Money is tight for me so I can't get another car right away. I also can't afford another loan payment. I'll just have to save up my spare money and see if I can get another car maybe this time next year. I still was just wondering how much my car is worth how it sits now. I was pretty close with my 7-8k guess ha ha.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Yeah, these cars are a bear in the winter conditions but many talk about a winter 'tires/wheels' package that really helps these cars out. I don't personally have them since I don't drive much in the bad stuff but it might be something to look into for yourself. You won't get a better car than what you have now for $8,000 or $9,000. It probably will be a car that needs things which will hurt you worse financially than a set of winter wheels/tires. About $900 will get you a package (see below). Good luck with your decision, and of course in school.

http://www.tirerack.com/snow/preferredpackages.jsp

Last edited by NC01TA; 12-06-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Search this Thread