What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

what do you think about this ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default what do you think about this ?

I'll get some pics tomorrow but I found a blue 2000 or maybe 01 Camaro SS M6. Its definately a SS with everything in tact the only thing is its been hit in the front. Nothing major just needs a bumper cover and the foam and it has one small dent/scuff place on the quarter panel. The paint didn't even crack from it. The interior is your average 100k mile interior. The car has 104k on it. Its got the SS wheels but they're the grey not the polished. Hes asking 1500 and I can drive it. Do you think I should buy it?
Old 12-17-2011, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't think twice about it. Hell yeah!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:54 AM
On The Tree

Dang bud. Sounds pretty sweet if there aren't any surprises. Is the title still clear or did the insurance company total it? Ask lots of questions and run the vin. Not trying to be a skeptic, just don't want ya to get burned.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

I didn't really get a good look at it when I went to his house since he wasn't home but I took a peak at it. The driver seat had the usual tear next to the door on the driver side. Tires were slick but the way I look at it even if the car itself was trashed and the LS1 was good its probably worth it. More than likely I'll fix it back and make a DD out of it but if not I've got a 80 and 86 that would love a LS1 swap but then again I hate to part it out.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Top
Dang bud. Sounds pretty sweet if there aren't any surprises. Is the title still clear or did the insurance company total it? Ask lots of questions and run the vin. Not trying to be a skeptic, just don't want ya to get burned.
Excellent advice at any price.
Caveat emptor
Old 12-18-2011, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

So I went and gave it a good look today. I actually drove it. Body wise its in about what i explained. It needs a bumper cover, foam, bumper support, and the impact bar is slightly bent. The big suprise was how bad the interior actually turned out to be. The previous owner (before this seller) rode it to work in the coal mines and it has dust all over the interior. The floor is full of garbage. Its going to need the entire interior took out and cleaned very throughly and put back. The carpet is junk but I have a good carpet from another car. He had a XM radio on the dash and for some reason glued it and when he removed it, he pulled a big hunk of the vinyl off and left the brown foam (about 2x2 inches). Never look at something in the dark lol. It needs a power window motor in the driver side which I have all ready and a power steering pump which he has. Its got a new clutch and pressure plate that was suppose to have been a stock replacement installed at a dealership but the clutch hydraulics are shot and it grinds in 4th but then again what can I expect for 1500 lol. IMO its well worth the money the LS1 runs out really strong to be bone stock. Its got a Pioneer head unit laying in the floor and 2 big 12" (?) speakers in the back and they're pioneer as well inside a big box that fits perfectly in the trunk. It comes with a extra door and 2 t tops.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

buy it. you'll make it back.

Quick Reply: what do you think about this ?