What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

looking at 02 WS6...kinda low miles...fraud?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
This entire thread was really pointless without a Carfax. Accident history?? Clean title?? C'mon....
The thread was posted with a tech question about swapping out parts to deceive a buyer. I hadn't seen the car in person, nor did I have the VIN to run a Carfax. If I was able to look at a history or the car itself, I probably wouldn't have posted this.

I called the dealer several times over 3 days, was given the run around by 3 or 4 people there, given an option to leave a voice mail, did that, left 2 texts...not a single returned call or text. Thursday I called again, was asked to be called back back, I declined and said that I would just wait because the returned calls weren't happening. I was then told the car was sold at the auction the day before. Some research was done on this lot and that seems to be the norm for them. I've only dealt with a lot once before, maybe thats SOP.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would get all the info on the car you can, imo that is very low for a dealer, with those miles that is way below blue book, camaros always go for a lil less than a ws6, but i would think even 13500 for that car would be a good deal, just becareful, if you can get a mint ws6 with 42k for 10 grand that is a steal, it would be hard to find that deal from a priv, seller let alone a dealer
Old 02-25-2012, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LXinMS
The thread was posted with a tech question about swapping out parts to deceive a buyer. I hadn't seen the car in person, nor did I have the VIN to run a Carfax. If I was able to look at a history or the car itself, I probably wouldn't have posted this.

I called the dealer several times over 3 days, was given the run around by 3 or 4 people there, given an option to leave a voice mail, did that, left 2 texts...not a single returned call or text. Thursday I called again, was asked to be called back back, I declined and said that I would just wait because the returned calls weren't happening. I was then told the car was sold at the auction the day before. Some research was done on this lot and that seems to be the norm for them. I've only dealt with a lot once before, maybe thats SOP.
If it was "sold" out from under you, there was reason. The right one will come along. I have lost alot of cars because they were sold out from under me, but, there was always a better deal or better car that came up that I was successful in getting. Just keep looking.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Default pm' with last 8 of vin

When you get in situations like this...Starting in mid year 2000...I can pull history on the cars you thinking of purchasing..GM does not lie on the build sheets, warranty or delivery information...All I need is the last 8 of vin...assuming the vin has not been alterred..Takes me all of 3 mins to pulll....warranty shows mileage statement...at each occurrance..

I'm on the forum most days..except Sunday..I'll get back to you pretty quick..
Better to be safe than sorry...
Old 02-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Id say check the car out..I bought my 2000 T/A from a personal seller who had owned the car for almost 10 years. It had 66k miles when i bought it. I gave 10k for it..Its a 6 speed WS6 car. And also has a clean and clear title.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

Its been sold, supposedly at an auction. Im assuming this is a dealer auction, which means it could show up on CL or Autotrader. Im going to keep my eyes peeled just in case.

And than you TEXASLESS. If I come across that information, I'll shoot it to you via PM so you dont have to keep checking this thread. I really appreciate that!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Ended up buying an 01 SS off Craigslist in New Orleans.

67k before I drove it home. Mechanically sound, all stock except for true duals and Dynomax mufflers. 6 speed, hard top, gray leather interior.

Paid less than 10k.

Thanks for the help, TEX.

Quick Reply: looking at 02 WS6...kinda low miles...fraud?