What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

How much is my car worth?

Old 06-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is my car worth?

1999 Pontiac Formula
93,xxx miles

5.7 LS1 M6
Custom Grind Isky Cam
LS6 Intake
SLP Lid
Longtubes
Catback
Short Shifter
Aluminum Driveshaft
Tuned at Speed Inc.
384rwhp/365rwtq
20% Tint
Brand new Nitto nt05 275's
Brand new C6 Replicas
Old 06-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Check out CL and see what fbodies in similar condition/mileage are going for in your area. It depends largely on market conditions and demand.

I would say $8,500 would be a good price point to start at if you're wanting to sell it
Old 06-28-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. But 8500 is a good starting point and if you get offered $8000. Let her go
Old 06-28-2012, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Like BigBirdLS1 said, "It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay."

Unfortunately, it has been my personal experience that most — not all, but most — buyers don't necessarily put the same value on a modified car as those of us who have made the modifications. Many buyers seem to prefer purchasing a car as close to stock as possible and modifying their way. So, I hate to be the bearer of disconcerting news, but you may not earn much of a return, if any, on your investments in your upgrades.

By your description, it sounds like you've got some great wheels and tires. You may consider removing them, posting them for sale locally, here on LS1 Tech.com, Craigslist, or even ebay, and installing a set of used factory wheels and tires in their place, if you can find these alternates at a price that you feel is reasonable. You may be able to recoup a nice amount of money on your C6 rims and Nittos this way.

If nothing else, I would consider showing potential buyers any invoices and receipts, if you've kept them, for the upgrades that you've purchased. This will demonstrate that you're a conscientious owner and may help earn you dividends on your sale, if you decide to make it.

That's just my opinion — take it for what you think it's worth.

Good luck with your decision — I wish you the best and the greatest financial gain!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z28RS
Like BigBirdLS1 said, "It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay."

Unfortunately, it has been my personal experience that most — not all, but most — buyers don't necessarily put the same value on a modified car as those of us who have made the modifications. Many buyers seem to prefer purchasing a car as close to stock as possible and modifying their way. So, I hate to be the bearer of disconcerting news, but you may not earn much of a return, if any, on your investments in your upgrades.

By your description, it sounds like you've got some great wheels and tires. You may consider removing them, posting them for sale locally, here on LS1 Tech.com, Craigslist, or even ebay, and installing a set of used factory wheels and tires in their place, if you can find these alternates at a price that you feel is reasonable. You may be able to recoup a nice amount of money on your C6 rims and Nittos this way.

If nothing else, I would consider showing potential buyers any invoices and receipts, if you've kept them, for the upgrades that you've purchased. This will demonstrate that you're a conscientious owner and may help earn you dividends on your sale, if you decide to make it.

That's just my opinion — take it for what you think it's worth.

Good luck with your decision — I wish you the best and the greatest financial gain!
Yeah i literally got the wheels and tires 2 days ago..i have every receipt for anything thats ever been done to this car, and i bought it with basically all the modifications already done so i wont lose out to much on that part. I really dont want to let it go but i just cant keep up finacially with it. I just got those wheels and tires which almost broke my bank, it needs a new master cylinder which isnt to bad, but i think i just have to many plans and not enough money for this car unfortunatly
Old 06-28-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

well I was gonna agree with 8-8500 but sounds high if it needs a new master, and from your post sounds like it has some other issues "if you cant keep up financially with it"
Old 06-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

No just the master cylinder needs changed, it runs fine, but just i cant keep up funacially with the things i want to do to it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much is my car worth?