What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Trans am ls1 with 6 speed, 85k miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Trans am ls1 with 6 speed, 85k miles

I just bought a 00 trans am, with 85 k miles. pewter with black leather interior and t tops. No radio, but has cold ac. Car needs a trans rebuild because it wont downshift from 4 to 3, but does not grind. Engine runs well. Could use some front tires, and balancing. Paint is decent, but is chipping on the front bumper, and fading a little on the hood.

whats this sort of thing worth? Needs some love, and the leather seats are shot
Old 07-16-2013, 07:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Geez, I'm almost afraid to give you my thoughts because you stated you just bought it. You are asking, so here goes and I'll hope that you didn't get hurt financially.
This T/A sounds like a basket case with so many issues. From the tranny to the seats this car obviously was not loved. Makes you wonder about the maintenance of the car as well. I shudder to think if no fluids were ever changed. Normally a 'fair condition' 2000 T/A with those miles would bring about $8,000 in a 'private party' sale. This car may not qualify as in 'fair condition' however. Someone might want to pay $6,000 - $7,000 for it but even that could be optimistic. A tranny re-build certainly is a deal killer in many instances since it is so expensive if done right. Is there a hole in the dash where the radio was or what? When you say the seats are shot, are you talking ripped and torn?
Man, I hope I haven't ruined your day but you are asking to get an honest opinion. I haven't even asked about the title or if in any accidents.

Quick Reply: 2000 Trans am ls1 with 6 speed, 85k miles