What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Just bought a car, Did I get a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 528 Likes on 334 Posts

Thumbs up Just bought a car, Did I get a good deal?

Hey guys,

It is a 2002 WS6 6 Speed Trans Am. The car is mostly stock with 92.5k miles on it and has some really nice upgrades. It has an upgraded Hellion cam and all the supporting mods(such as timing chain, pushrods, valve springs, new oil pump, including a dyno tune 400 rwhp, 370 rwtq), factory LS6 intake, SLP lid, smooth bellow, lowing springs, sub-frame connectors, Hooker long-tube headers, full 3" exhaust with Hooker muffler, transmission has new fork sliders, Hurst short throw, Tick adjustable master, new Monster Stage 3 clutch, 4.10 gears and a locker. Other than that, the car is very much stock. Very clean, with only 2 blemishes, which are on the spoiler where the paint is chipping off, and a small chip on the gas tank. Other than that I don't see any dents, dings or imperfections. The car is originally from Florida with no time spent in NY winters!!

The interior needs a good cleaning, but overall is in very good shape. Upper dash is mint, no scratches or tears in the dash pad at all. The passenger side door panel has the typical crack, but the drivers side is perfect. There is a small pencil sized hole in the driver's side leather seat, an the passenger side has a little wear, but no hole. No stains or anything in the carpet with little wear. Everything functions as it should electronically, and even with the large cam it is has decent street manners. Overall, extremely happy with the car so far. AND IT SOUNDS WICKED!!

Here are some pictures.

I would just like some opinions as to what people think its worth.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 05-05-2014, 10:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

'After the fact' pricing just leads to hurt feelings. No need to go there.
Describing your car as 'mostly stock' made me laugh though after you listed all those modifications. Whatever you do when the time comes to sell someday, don't advertise it as 'mostly stock'.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I won't have any hurt feelings. I know full well what I was asking for when I started this thread. I feel I got a good buy on the car and I won't feel bad I someone tells me to the contrary. Maybe I should change to mildly built, lol.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd think in FL, around $9-10k.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any other thoughts?

Quick Reply: Just bought a car, Did I get a good deal?