What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 Trans am WS6 M6 ~50K

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 01:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2002 Trans am WS6 M6 ~50K

Hi I am new to this forum but I am agressively looking for an 02 Trans am WS6 M6 in the ~50K mileage range, stock, 1-2 owner range. After reading lots of post is it safe to say that something like this should run in the 12K range ? I really prefer the SOM but due to the limited production is this ~4K premium ????? (~16K). Also I don't prefer an auto but is this something I should consider ? Does it mostly hurt resale ? Thanks.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

You ask many valid questions and each car will have it's own unique value attached. There is a maybe in each question.
Is $12,000 about the price range for the car you describe? Maybe, Was it left outside in all types of climate conditions with no maintenance records? Does it need a new set of tires for $800 right off the bat? Anything else wrong with the car? Perhaps another WS6 is a one owner babied version always pampered in a climate controlled garage with new Goodyears all around that needs absolutely nothing. The price discrepancy could be thousands of dollars different between these two. I know which car I would pay an extra $2,000 for. Also we have to consider miles. When you say under 50,000 miles then we need to be talking about a car with just under those miles, not a 10,000 or 20,000 miles car which will be priced much higher.
The SOM premium is up to each buyer. If you absolutely must have that color I might pay $2,000 - $3,000 more for it IF the car was as you described, not for a beaten 100,000 miles version. No way!
Don't worry about the tranny for re-sale. This is a car for YOU! There is always a market for both autos and manuals. Yes, the market thins for manuals but not horribly so for a muscle or sports car.
When you actually are about to pull the trigger on a car you have found, post it up if you want an accurate evaluation. Too many variables as we discussed already.
Have fun during the search. Don't expect to find that car down the street. You most likely will be traveling to get the right car unless you get lucky. Travelling long distance opens an entirely new can of worms too so you don't waste your time and gas money. Let's see what you can find first.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
You ask many valid questions and each car will have it's own unique value attached. There is a maybe in each question.
Is $12,000 about the price range for the car you describe? Maybe, Was it left outside in all types of climate conditions with no maintenance records? Does it need a new set of tires for $800 right off the bat? Anything else wrong with the car? Perhaps another WS6 is a one owner babied version always pampered in a climate controlled garage with new Goodyears all around that needs absolutely nothing. The price discrepancy could be thousands of dollars different between these two. I know which car I would pay an extra $2,000 for. Also we have to consider miles. When you say under 50,000 miles then we need to be talking about a car with just under those miles, not a 10,000 or 20,000 miles car which will be priced much higher.
The SOM premium is up to each buyer. If you absolutely must have that color I might pay $2,000 - $3,000 more for it IF the car was as you described, not for a beaten 100,000 miles version. No way!
Don't worry about the tranny for re-sale. This is a car for YOU! There is always a market for both autos and manuals. Yes, the market thins for manuals but not horribly so for a muscle or sports car.
When you actually are about to pull the trigger on a car you have found, post it up if you want an accurate evaluation. Too many variables as we discussed already.
Have fun during the search. Don't expect to find that car down the street. You most likely will be traveling to get the right car unless you get lucky. Travelling long distance opens an entirely new can of worms too so you don't waste your time and gas money. Let's see what you can find first.

NC01TA thanks for the detailed reply, much appreciated. Lots of good info !! Yes I have learned that I will need to travel for the right car....the search continues...

Quick Reply: 2002 Trans am WS6 M6 ~50K