What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

'00 WS6 Decen Price??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default '00 WS6 Decen Price??

Located a 2000 Trans Am WS6 (wasnt really in the market for ws6 more so an SS). Car is stock except:

LT Headers
MagnaFlow Catback
SLP Lid
hotchkis panhard bar, lowering springs, lower control arms
Drilled/Slotted Rotors

65K Miles and from what I have seen is very clean/well maintained.

Current price is $9000.00
Old 10-03-2014, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandits96ss
Located a 2000 Trans Am WS6 (wasnt really in the market for ws6 more so an SS). Car is stock except:

LT Headers
MagnaFlow Catback
SLP Lid
hotchkis panhard bar, lowering springs, lower control arms
Drilled/Slotted Rotors

65K Miles and from what I have seen is very clean/well maintained.

Current price is $9000.00

The WS6 brings an extra $1500 or so above an SS at this price level/mileage. They are also more in demand and probably easier to sell everything else being equal. $9K seems reasonable for a clean 65K mile car. That's not to say you couldn't find one cheaper. But clean WS6's/Firehawks under $10K don't grow on trees. There are a number of recent threads on determining values based on getting a lot more information. There's a lot of info still missing on this one starting with how many owners, etc.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fire,

Thanks for the reply....it is a 2 owner car with the 2nd owner buying earlier this year.

Unsure of what other would be valuable material but i appreciate the answer and just wanted to spot check that I was not way of thinking that it was a different price. I have found 4 ws6 cars under 10k the last 4 months but most are heavily modified or have some mechanical issues.

As well 65 is on the lower end usually they have more around 80k miles.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The 2nd owner selling out so soon could be a cause for concern. What did they find objectionable where they decided to bail?....assuming there is not a personal reason not car related for selling. Maybe you can squeeze some info out of the owner w/o making your intentions too obvious.

Some other threads I've posted in the last couple of weeks have listed a dozen or more things that would be important to the car's ultimate value. Those are easily searched for (two on Oct 2nd linked below). Tire life? Brake life? All fluids/maintenance up to date? Documents/original paperwork? Things that don't work or don't work well....there's always something. If the owner can't objectively find flaws with their own car then either they are blind/oblivious to them (not good) or don't want to tell you (not good either). It would be interesting to see what the 2nd owner did to the car during their short term of ownership. If they did nothing but an oil change, that would get my attention. I'd also probe the 2nd owner on what the original owner passed along to them (it may or may not be made up....lol). If they bought the car from a dealer than that link is probably lost.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=26680379

Last edited by Firebrian; 10-05-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Quick Reply: '00 WS6 Decen Price??