What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 camaro z28 good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 05:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 camaro z28 good deal?

Hey everyone first post! Looking at a 2002 z28 6spd ls1, 170,000 miles, it's that orange colour, needs drivers side fender, front bumper and headlight. Said he bumped gaurs rail and damaged those three parts. Also he said it need a throw out bearing. I am assuming it needs a clutch. There is absolutely no rust on the car anywhere the interior is cloth and in excellant condition. It's bone stock besides exhaust. He's asking 3500, so far I have him down to 2500. Is it worth it? Can I still get good power out of a motor with that many miles? I do plan on building it slowly, clutch kit, heads, cam, Tb, intake and more.
Thank you
Old 01-30-2015, 06:23 AM
Staging Lane

What makes him say it needs a throw-out bearing? Also, have you looked behind the fender to make sure the body structure is ok? Unless the damage is pretty severe I would say go for it. A running ls1/t56 setup sells for more than that by itself. Also, being an 02 and if the intake on it is the original one it's the LS6 intake which is a very good starting point. It will support quite a bit of power before it becomes a restriction. My 2000 has 172000 miles on it and no issues whatsoever. No leaks, no rattles, no oil use. Runs great and I'm about to do a head and cam swap. Just look it over good. Check the fluids and test drive the hell out of it. ( You haven't bought it yet )
Old 01-30-2015, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Alright thank you for the input! Really appreciate it! He's sending me a video of it running, I'll post it if I can!

Quick Reply: 2002 camaro z28 good deal?