What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1990 GTU with Built LS1/T56

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 GTU with Built LS1/T56

I'm up in the air about selling my car, but I'm not really sure what it's worth. I'm not in a rush, but she just sits in the garage. If someone else wants to enjoy it, why not?!

I didn't do the original swap, but you can follow the swap at the link below:

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=8747.0

Since the swap, the motor has been replaced and has about 1000 miles on it. It is still an LS1, but has been bored .01" over, with K1 rods, CP pistons, and Clevlite bearings. It also has the basic upgrades like LS7 lifters, Ford Red Top injectors, ported LS6 oil pump, LS2 timing chain and gear.

As far as other engine mods:
MS3 Cam
Ported 243 Heads with .650 springs
Fast 90 Intake
90mm TB
JTR 1 3/4" Headers

The car currently has 2 sets of wheels. A set of street tires, like you see in the build thread, as well as the bronze 5Zigens with Nitto NT555s up front and NT05Rs in the back. I can also include a set of Jeep wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompson slicks like you see in the picture at the track.

The car does currently have 2 dents. One in the rear because of a neighbor and one on the driver side, while parked in Ocean City. I haven't gotten them repaired because they haven't bothered me, but I can before the car is sold.

I have no idea what it's actually worth, but I was told to post it for $15k OBO. Again, I really don't know what it's worth. I'm not in a rush to sell it, but I am motivated. Located in Philly, PA

For more pictures, PM me and I'll gladly send whatever you'd like to see.
Attached Thumbnails 1990 GTU with Built LS1/T56-img_2139.jpg   1990 GTU with Built LS1/T56-img_2237.jpg   1990 GTU with Built LS1/T56-1909756_10153089510489148_8311632829165248378_n.jpg  

Last edited by WhoIsJeremy; 04-03-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seem to remember Firebrian responding to this but now his post is gone? Not sure what is up with that...

Anyway, this car is going to appeal to a very small market. Personally, I would not even consider spending good money on a LS swapped import; it is going to be tough to nail down a price on this one. My advice would be to start at the $15k you mentioned and see what happens. Don't be surprised if you sit on it for a while at that price but you will be able to gauge whether or not you are in the ballpark by the number of serious responses you get. If no serious inquiries, start adjusting the price downward as you feel comfortable until you get some serious bites on it. Good luck.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GimmeLSx
I seem to remember Firebrian responding to this but now his post is gone? Not sure what is up with that...

Anyway, this car is going to appeal to a very small market. Personally, I would not even consider spending good money on a LS swapped import; it is going to be tough to nail down a price on this one. My advice would be to start at the $15k you mentioned and see what happens. Don't be surprised if you sit on it for a while at that price but you will be able to gauge whether or not you are in the ballpark by the number of serious responses you get. If no serious inquiries, start adjusting the price downward as you feel comfortable until you get some serious bites on it. Good luck.
I haven't deleted any post, so I'm not sure what happened. I don't remember seeing any comments until yours. I totally get what you're saying though. I was hoping someone may have seen a comparable car come through the forum for sale.

I guess lucky for me, I'm not in a huge rush.

Thanks for your reply!
Old 05-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd personally say its worth about 7-10k. You can buy Ls swapped fd rx7s for 15k and a bit above

Quick Reply: 1990 GTU with Built LS1/T56