What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Reasonable asking price?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reasonable asking price?

Hey guys, I'm thinking it's time to sell my LS1 and I'd like some opinions from everyone on what it is worth. You all probably have a better feel for the value of it than I would without any sentimental value in the equation.

It's a 2002 Pontiac Formula NHRA edition, A4, 51,000 miles, headers/exhaust, lots of suspension upgrades, single owner, always garaged, summer only car, 341 rwhp/353 rwtq

It's in great condition but has a few cosmetic scratches and the common cracked door panel issue. Car has pretty much been babied, vever seen the drag strip, just haven't been driving it much anymore the last few years and think it's time to let it go. Any ideas on what I should ask for it? Thanks in advance.

Full mods (all work performed by Mike Norris Motorsports):
American Racing Headers 1 7/8" with Y pipe and high flow cats
NGK TR55 spark plugs
Hypertech 180* Thermostat
Magnaflow 16723 exhaust
BMR HPP025 Package with Koni Adjustable Shocks & BMR 1.25" drop Springs
BMR SFC001 Sub frame connectors
BMR MTCA002 Lower control arms
BMR CAB002 Control arm relocation brackets
BMR TCC007 Torque Arm Relocation Crossmember
BMR TA001 Adjustable Torque Arm
BMR PHR002 DOM, On-car Adjustable panhard bar with poly bushings
Centric Blanks rotors
Hawk Performance HPS brake pads
SLP airbox lid
K&N filter
Pontiac OEM WS6 Ram Air hood installed by dealer
Old 04-11-2015, 07:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how many people will be all over the nhra edition as additional value , don't know much about that model , but that aside I am thinking list at $9500- $9900 and the offers or lack of will tell you if your in the ball park , maybe its worth over 10k but your potential buyers will thin out drastically once you hit 5 figures , surely sounding like $8k or better to me but without seeing it... GLWS
Old 04-11-2015, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

check online and see what cars like yours are selling for.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

A one owner garage kept car with just 51,000 miles deserves to start in the $12,000 range even with the mods. Your 2002 modded (which can spell a-b-u-s-e) Formula will still appeal to someone looking for something a little different (NHRA version). When you state that the car actually has NOT been abused (taking your word for that) then that will be a real good selling point. I know of several owners that modify their cars without abusing them and simply mod for making the car better and for the potential of the car. That sounds like what you have done. To me, $12k is a reasonable asking price especially with an OBO after the price. What you want to actually accept is up to you. GLWS!!
Old 04-12-2015, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. The starting point I had in my head was $13,500 OBO so it sounds like I'm not way off at least.

Yeah the mods were done a few years ago as part of my initial plans to eventually have a Procharger installed but you know how it goes, life happens and plans change.

Getting it out of the garage today and cleaning it up. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Reasonable asking price?