What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

99 ss pewter 6 speed built whats it worth

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 99 ss pewter 6 speed built whats it worth

hey guys so I have a 99 sscamaro 76k original miles, has a 2000 corvette ls1 in it with 90k on it. Car is very clean except the hood has a slight crack in the paint towards the top corner. Car has longtube headers new 17/8, ypipe, magnaflow catback 3 inch cutout electric, Moser 12bolt, 33 spline axles, eaton locker, welded axle tubes, girdle cover, rear was just bout 3500. Has all founders performance adjustable rear suspension, umi adjustable torque arm with driveshaft loop. Has brand new race star rims skinnys and fattys, new tires front and back mt drag radials, built 6 speed by transzilla too hold 600hp, centerforce clutch, tick slave master cylinder, has ac heat, bbk throttle body, triple gauge pillar, bm shifter, also comes with a hptuners, interior is very clean. Ttop car. no leaks. real ss. new headlights. What is it worth. finishing up the car this week and want too sell. Probably forgetting a few things. Also for an additional price I have a 6.0 shortblock with 243 heads with custom cam valvesprings morel lifters etc to go with car.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

can anyone give me a round about price???
Old 05-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

140 views and no one can give me a price come on guys
Old 05-21-2015, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Usually the builder of highly modified car has a better idea of what it's worth than most anyone else. I would figure a stock 1999 SS M6 with 76K miles would be in the $8K to $9K range. Then figure what all the mods are worth....which would literally be selling them as used parts. I'd guess in the $12K to $15K range. And getting in the upper end of that range could take a while. For $14K you could go out and buy a 10K-15K mile one owner 1999 SS M6. I'm not factoring in the Pewter either way but it will reduce the demand on the car. If I had to sit on one number I'd pick $13K. The past few months of the WIW thread has a number of similar modified cars estimated in about the same price range (low teens).

This 2000 M6 posted in March may not have had the trans/clutch/rear end upgraded like your car did. But with 20K less miles (and probably the original engine) it might be about a wash.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/what-wort...camaro-ss.html

Last edited by Firebrian; 05-21-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

wow that's a lot more then I expected. All I wanted was 10k for it or 11k with the 6.0 engine to go with it. guess ill post it up for a little more and see what happens thank you
Old 05-22-2015, 09:17 AM
Teching In

There is usually a big difference between what it is worth and what someone is willing to pay out. In this case, I think you are closer in your assessment than Firebrian. Modified cars like that usually take longer to sell and modifications themselves aren't going to add much value to most buyers; yeah, you might get lucky and find a guy who wants a car with those exact modifications and is willing to pay out a premium for them, but I would not count on it. Personally, when I see a car like that, I cannot help but think it has been driven hard and abused and if I am going to lay out good money for a car, I am going to be on the hunt for a lower mileage, one or two owner car that is mostly stock. As you said, price it high and see what happens. No harm in that but I wouldn't be sitting there firm on the price with dollar signs in your eyes and unrealistic expectations as to how much it is going to bring.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's only an opinion. As I said at the start, the modder usually has the best idea as to the value. If you felt $10K to $11K was fair value it likely is. Though it seems "unfair" to only get 20c or less on the dollar for fresher mods. When I do these WIW threads, I generally try to get a number that I think is what you "could get" for it. I have no use for dealer retail, etc. If your car is priced in the lower 10-20% of comparable cars in autotrader, ebay, and other sources, it will likely sell. Maybe I'm being influenced by the fact that I've only had "stock" collector cars over the past 25 years and better appreciate something I haven't had yet. 90% of buyers these days want your lowest possible price (after you've been chiseled down twice already)...and then ask for another 10%.

If I was looking to modify a car I couldn't bring myself to buy a low mileage '99 SS for say $13K, and then toss $5K-$10K or more at it in mods....and then have a car worth $13K or less. There are a lot of people out there who got their feet wet with stock, lower mileage vehicles and now want to try something modified that they don't have to pamper so much. With the number of modified cars out there it doesn't seem that hard to find one fairly close to the options one might be looking for.

At $10K-$11K for your car, that would be approx equivalent to a totally stock '99 SS M6 with approx 40K-45K miles. Which would you or someone else pick? How about at 55K miles? One thing is for sure. You can always lower the price of a car once you have an interested buyer....but you usually can't go up. Though....I did have that happen to me once on a 44K mile, original paint, 1970 blue/white Plymouth Roadrunner convertible. Didn't get the car either.

While not an M6, here's a nice, clean looking, modified 2000 white SS with 51K miles that may have just sold for around $13K in the forum classifieds. A totally stock 2000 A4 with 50K miles would normally bring around $10K. The lowest I've seen a clean 55K-65K mile 2000 A4 bring in my area is about $6500. So they can be all over the map....as are the buyers.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...51k-miles.html

Last edited by Firebrian; 05-22-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: 99 ss pewter 6 speed built whats it worth