What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1998 Black Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everybody so i have been pondering around with the idea of selling my Trans am and buying a truck and was wondering what is it worth? It is a 1998 Trans am with 110k on the clock. Engine has around 80k and Trans has around 20k. Car has a true ws6 hood. Entire car has been repainted 1 year ago and looks great still. Had c6 wheels on the car with super comp 2 read tires with around 2k miles on them. Has flp longtubes into a custom offroad y into an adjustable borla. The starter, ac compressor, plugs, wires, waterpump, all gaskets without taping into the shortblock all are less than a year old. I replaced that all when i put the engine in the car. Inside it has a basic kenwood headunit, kenwood speakers in the doors, and bazooka speakers in the rear, it sounds good. Also has umi adjustable panhard and replacement shocks. The bad: No headliner/ sunvisors, actual dash not the dash pad is cracked, seats have been sewed together and look okay, and lights are on for abs because of tires. Car has been tuned also and runs and sounds great. I am located in Pa. Looking to see what you all think its worth. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails 1998 Black Trans Am-image-3011442138.jpg   1998 Black Trans Am-image-4027351982.jpg   1998 Black Trans Am-image-2810506251.jpg   1998 Black Trans Am-image-3234544278.jpg   1998 Black Trans Am-image-1723133404.jpg  

Old 06-22-2015, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Were a stock engine and trans put back in or are they built? M6 or A4? Original engine pulled at 100-110K miles and an 80K mile engine was put in its place, is that correct? Was the trans bought rebuilt or is that also a used unit that had 20K miles on it when purchased? # of previous owners? Any key details on the repaint as they can vary a lot? Was the AC compressor the only AC component replaced? Status of suspension, rear end, bra(k)es, etc.? ABS light being on is from mismatched tires? If so, the ABS fuse must be pulled or else you'd be getting the ABS activating much of the time.

Last edited by Firebrian; 06-22-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebrian
Were a stock engine and trans put back in or are they built? M6 or A4? Original engine pulled at 100-110K miles and an 80K mile engine was put in its place, is that correct? Was the trans bought rebuilt or is that also a used unit that had 20K miles on it when purchased? # of previous owners? Any key details on the repaint as they can vary a lot? Was the AC compressor the only AC component replaced? Status of suspension, rear end, bra(k)es, etc.? ABS light being on is from mismatched tires? If so, the ABS fuse must be pulled or else you'd be getting the ABS activating much of the time.
Stock 99 camaro engine was put in because original engine threw a rod. Trans is an A4 and was out of a camaro, unsure of year but was rebuilt i bought it as a used rebuilt unit with 18k on it so now it has a little over 20. I believe i am the 5th owner. Paint job was primer base clear and was sanded to remove orange peel so it is glass smooth. All the AC components were replaced. All suspension is in good shape, good breaks, no weird squeaks, all good. And on the abs note still cannot figure out why it is on just figured it was because of the mismatched tires. But i can feel it kicking in when the car has slid before
Old 07-01-2015, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

$5K-$6K. I say that because we've seen some pretty sharp and lightly modded '98 and '99 TA's with 90K miles sell for around $8K.

I wonder if the ABS could be from a failed wheel sensor. A crack in the tone ring would give you occasional activation of the ABS. I just went through that with my DD. The ABS activated all the time when slowing the car down, especially in the 5-15 mph range. The ABS warning light was always on.

Quick Reply: 1998 Black Trans Am