What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?

I have a 2002 Pontiac Formula with 30k original miles and would like to hear from others what its worth.

All stock A4 with MTI air lid, Pacesetter lt headers, x-pipes and 2.5 exhaust, and Torque thrust wheels?

Very clean inside and out, no dents, paint and clear still like new.. Rides and drives likes it's new.

Only bad things about the car is that the carfax reports frame/structure damage, but there are no accidents (which i'm confused about), there are 2 owners and the title is clean and clear. I've tried looking for signs of damage, but i can't find anything anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?-img_5867.jpg   What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?-img_5871.jpg   What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?-img_5869.jpg   What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?-img_5875.jpg   What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?-img_5876.jpg  

What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?-img_5877.jpg   What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?-img_5879.jpg   What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?-img_5881.jpg   What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?-img_5872.jpg  
Old 11-03-2015, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The Carfax will be a bit worrisome to some (I would be) but the car sure looks good in the photos. The exhaust might turn some buyers off but that can easily be fixed and shouldn't be a reason not to buy the car. The mileage sure is attractive and I'm thinking $10,000 would be about right for this particular car without knowing more details. KBB probably will be in that price neighborhood too so you can't stray too far off. Asking $11,000 or $11,500 won't scare anyone away. That allows for negotiations. The low mileage will help sell the car and offset the issues mentioned. GLWS!!
Old 11-03-2015, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

For a pure stock, 1 owner vehicle with that mileage I'd figure it would be around $12K-$13K. The Carfax is a bag of worms whether right or wrong. That should have been identified before you bought the car.

I was offered a silver 2002 TA A4 w/48K miles back in 2012 for $11.5K from a large dealership where they took it on trade. That car was exceptionally clean...looked like 20K miles. It ran superbly. They had a tough time selling it. I was willing to pay $10.5K at the time. Not sure what they got for it but it was on the lot from November-March....all winter. Pewter may turn some buyers off. I wouldn't care myself as long as the car was clean. The reported "accident" could be anything from a couple hundred dollar scrape on one body panel or something more serious. I'd agree with NC01TA that it's a nice looker, esp. with those wheels. $10K-$11K seems reasonable for a 2002 Pontiac even with unknown "damage." Check the body panels closely for repaint. A good body shop can find it if it's there. One 2000 SS I was considering buying failed the repaint test when I applied a paint/bondo gauge to the quarter panels...obvious repainting there. The dealership either didn't know or weren't saying anything.

If I owned it, I'd want to know what's up with it before dumping it on someone else. I did that once with a '68 GTX I was selling. I was a newb when I bought it in 1993 and later figured out the seller/dealer/resto shop were a bit short of integrity. Before I sold it I poked around underneath with a screwdriver and found some issues. My body man took care of it for me. Cost me around $500 and welding in a new support panel to the frame where bondo had previously been applied. While we were at it we took out seats and carpet and ensured that the floors were fine. They were, no holes, but we applied anti-rust paint to anything that was the least bit off where the factory applied finish coat was weak. I wanted nothing to come back at me.

Last edited by Firebrian; 11-03-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: What is a 2002 Pewter Formula with 30k original miles worth?