What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2004 gto pbm m6

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 gto pbm m6

I know the details may not matter too much, but I've been toying with selling this car because it spends most of its time in the garage since I bought a truck (need to pull the boat somehow). Looking for some ideas on what these are worth. Looking around the internet the asking prices are all over the place.

Details:
2004 GTO, 6spd, Phantom Black Metallic, Black Leather Interior
Power: 400 RWHP / 385 RWTQ
Over $10k+ in performance engine/suspension upgrades (not that you get that money back)
Miles: ~118k

Performance Goodies / Modifications
Engine
  • K&N Cold Air FIPK intake
  • Custom grind cam, double springs, and hardened pushrods from Engine Power Systems out of Louisianna
  • 226/234 @ 0.050 with .598/.601 lift and 113 LSA
  • Cam designed for stock reliability, a nice lopey idle, and table top torque curve
  • Kooks 1-3/4" flat black coated long tube headers with catted mid pipes
  • Magnaflow Catback exhaust
  • Ported & Polished throttle body
  • SS Clutch hardlines and speed bleeder
  • Monster Level 2 12” Premium GTO package (installed at ~87k)
  • Cam package, clutch, Installed by SNL Performance
  • Tuned by SNL Performance
  • Intake, TB, Headers, Exhaust, Cam Package, etc installed around ~30k, clutch package ~87k as noted above
Suspension (From Kollar Racing, installed at ~87k)
  • Lovells Eliminator Kit Stock Height - struts, shocks, springs
  • Poly strut mounts w/ bearings
  • Front radius rod bushings, caster adjustable
  • Rear radius rod bushings
  • Front sway bar bushings
  • Heavy duty bushless endlinks
  • Crossmember mounts
  • Differential insert
  • Rear control arm bushings
  • Lower control arm bushings
  • Ball Joints
  • Installed by SNL Performance
Interior
  • JHP Pro Billet Shifter - 50 or 60% throw reduction (adjustable)
  • Gauge cluster mod -- Activated rpm shift light, cold engine warning, and temp gauge changed to display quantitative temperature (corresponding to hash marks) rather than a cold/warm/hot dummy gauge.

Other Maintenance tidbits (not all inclusive)
  • Motor, transmission, differential, and clutch fluids have been regularly changed
  • Motor - Mobil 1
  • Trans - Dexron III
  • Diff - Torco
  • Clutch - ATE type 200 (performance DOT4)
~85k miles:
  • Hood/trunk gas shocks replaced
~100k miles:
  • replaced the rear guibo/puck/driveshaft coupler with OEM coupler.
  • Replaced rear transmission seal (had driveshaft out for guibo joint replacement and clutch line work so just replaced it to be done with it)
  • headliner was replaced
  • Replaced A/C dryer and hardline from it to the firewall
  • Replaced power steering line adjacent to cooler
  • Replaced coolant
~110k miles
  • Battery was replaced
117k miles
  • New OEM AC Delco plug wires
  • New NGK TR-6 spark plugs

Mechanical condition:
  • Ice cold ac, tons of heat output for colder weather
  • Runs great, tons of power,
  • Doesn't burn/leak oil (nothing notable on the dipstick between oil changes)
  • No issues with transmission
  • Rear differential works well
  • Original brakes, still have pad left but given they are undersized from the factory they could stand a pad/rotor upgrade
  • Tires have ~7/32 tread left (>60% tread left)
Aesthetic Condition
  • paint has some chips, dings, scratches, etc. normal for a daily driven 12 year old car with 118k miles, but still shines like crazy when clean
  • interior has some wear on the driver side bolster but overall in excellent condition, no stitching issues, rips, stains, or anything like that.

A few pictures below, many more pictures / cold start & idle videos at the link.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...zA&usp=sharing

Old 01-25-2016, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

I really like seeing a car with an extensive maintenance history available. You certainly have that going for you and the car looks really good in the photos. Unfortunately with those miles your GTO will still fall into the price range of others, although on the higher side of book, and more desireable with that nice description. I would take the average of the higher side of KBB and NADA and see what numbers come up in your zip code. Add $1,000 on top of that for a potential sale (or $2,000 to allow for more negotiations). I can't see getting anything more than that, especially in the dead of winter (unless in CA/FL or a warm weather state). Don't concern yourself what other sellers are asking. Most are 'pie in the sky' numbers that don't translate into real world sales numbers. You want your car priced right and competitively so you don't waste your time. Good luck if you do sell.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Thanks. I should have filled out my profile more. Houston TX car so locally it's always ok weather. I have no need to sell it really so could wait until summer months for a wider audience of winter states I guess.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Brief History:
I’m the second owner. The original owner used it as a summers only “Sunny Sunday” vehicle in Denver, CO. The previous owner had SAP front grills and an '05/'06 hood installed. I purchased 11/2008 with 16k miles and have used as a daily driver since. Never been at the drag strip, autocross, track, etc. Mostly interstate/highway commute miles. It has been a Houston, TX vehicle since 1/2009. Seling the vehicle because I purchased a boat, need a truck to tow it, and don’t want to have two vehicles long term.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Sounds like an easy sale to me. A warm state. Well cared for 2 owner car. The only thing is the price. I'll give you my selling price if it was my car here in NC. Your pricing might be different in Houston. KBB $8,700 and NADA $11,300 averages out to $10,000 right on the nose. Add $2,000 for mods and negotiations equals $12,000 asking price. Someone may actually pay that if they love the mods and everything about your GTO but eventually the pricing is ultimately up to you. IMO you really can't get too much more or you would be competing with much lower mileage examples which would turn buyers off and not even call you. Here are some examples of what I am talking about.
This one dealer near the speedway in Charlotte has 'premium' rides. His lot is amazing and even has a museum. This 26,000 miles GTO example is on sale for $17,900. You can't be anywhere near that price.
http://www.morrisonmotorco.com/displ...theme=morrison

You also can't be near these other dealer prices either (GTO's with at least half the miles):
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...88038474&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...05521879&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...19113626&Log=0

Hope this wasn't depressing. Just trying to assist. I don't believe in raising false hopes for buyers. Never have in my many years posting here in this section. There is never any harm in trying to get high prices but you just can't expect it. Again, best of luck if you decide to sell.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Thanks for your input. And not depressing. That's in the ballpark of asking price I was considering based on various internet classifieds.

Quick Reply: 2004 gto pbm m6