What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

price for 02 ws6 and 02 firehawk please?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default price for 02 ws6 and 02 firehawk please?

hi in the market for a trans am,found 2 cars one is a 02 t top auto,blue 115k miles ws6.other is a 02 firehawk same color t tops auto with 88k miles .if they both check out good whats full retail for these cars?i prefer the agressive look on the ws6 compared to the firehawk,i also prefer a 6speed but im good with an automatic.asking prices are way above kbb and dont believe in paying much over kbb in great condition.thanks
Old 04-13-2016, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the firehawk I would think no more than 15k. Even though I wouldn't pay that. I would pay 12k at most. For 15k I would spend it on a c5z or something along that nature. The ws6 I say 10k. That's just my .02
Old 04-13-2016, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
For the firehawk I would think no more than 15k. Even though I wouldn't pay that. I would pay 12k at most. For 15k I would spend it on a c5z or something along that nature. The ws6 I say 10k. That's just my .02
since there both auto transmi was thinking 8k tops for ws6 and 13.k for firehawk tops
Old 04-13-2016, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yellowferrari
since there both auto transmi was thinking 8k tops for ws6 and 13.k for firehawk tops
Yeah, that might be more realistic. 6spd would definitely add more value IMO. Since that's what most people want on a fbody
Old 04-13-2016, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Yeah, that might be more realistic. 6spd would definitely add more value IMO. Since that's what most people want on a fbody
gonna put an offer sat on both cars
Old 04-14-2016, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The $8K on the WS6 seems about right. Decent ones are hard to score under $8K-$9K. If it's clean with up to date maintenance (unlikely), it could work out nice.

I think $13K for the FH is too much. There is a thread running today where the buyer was considering a 2002 50K mile M6 hawk for $15K. It's now sold. Figure 88K miles (-$2500) and not an M6 (-$1000) that puts the car down in the $11K-$12K range imo. It better a primo mint car to be worth $13K. Figure you'll put $1,500-$2,000 into it during your first 1-3 years.

For cars with over 100K miles, KBB is fairly representative. As the mileage goes down from there, it loses accuracy. If you try to buy a 55K or less mileage car using KBB or NADA pricing, you'll always be under market. Fwiw, they value the car in my sig line at $8K...only about 30-40% low. KBB doesn't give any premium for an M6. And that premium should be 10-15% depending on the particular year and model. Lots of holes in those price guides. They are only guides. For really nice cars with low miles, you can toss them out. Go by what is actually selling...and the bottom 10-15% of asking prices.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Firebrian
The $8K on the WS6 seems about right. Decent ones are hard to score under $8K-$9K. If it's clean with up to date maintenance (unlikely), it could work out nice.

I think $13K for the FH is too much. There is a thread running today where the buyer was considering a 2002 50K mile M6 hawk for $15K. It's now sold. Figure 88K miles (-$2500) and not an M6 (-$1000) that puts the car down in the $11K-$12K range imo. It better a primo mint car to be worth $13K. Figure you'll put $1,500-$2,000 into it during your first 1-3 years.

For cars with over 100K miles, KBB is fairly representative. As the mileage goes down from there, it loses accuracy. If you try to buy a 55K or less mileage car using KBB or NADA pricing, you'll always be under market. Fwiw, they value the car in my sig line at $8K...only about 30-40% low. KBB doesn't give any premium for an M6. And that premium should be 10-15% depending on the particular year and model. Lots of holes in those price guides. They are only guides. For really nice cars with low miles, you can toss them out. Go by what is actually selling...and the bottom 10-15% of asking prices.
Thanks so much for ur input. These sellers don't think that there was a 02 ws6 auto yellow 38k miles I offered 14k and didn't even counter me that's how sales of seller counters and so on. So far the 02 with high miles looks to be the one but the firehawk they don't want to even budge so that one is out
Old 04-14-2016, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks so much for ur input. These sellers don't think that there was a 02 ws6 auto yellow 38k miles I offered 14k and didn't even counter me that's how sales of seller counters and so on. So far the 02 with high miles looks to be the one but the firehawk they don't want to even budge so that one is out
$14K would be cheap imo on a 38K mile CETA. Though they might be out there from desperate sellers. Figure they bring a 20-25% premium or about $2K on that one. You will have a very tough time finding a regular 2002 WS6 for $12K with under 40K miles. I'd price those at $13K-$14K depending on how clean. So add another $2K for the CETA. I recall a 38K mile CETA in my area a few years ago. They were asking $16K. If you offered me $14K, I'd have probably ignored the offer too. I'd love to buy one for $14K with that mileage. While many people don't like the yellow/black of the CETA + graphics, there are plenty that do. A very desirable and liquid car if priced to market.

Most Firehawk owners are in love with their cars and feel they will be worth huge premiums down the road. That's why they bought them in the first place. That may be true. But right now, they don't bring huge premiums and have a FAR smaller following than the WS6. You'll have to wait for those 10% who want to price their FH to sell. Check out the for sale ads on Firehawk.org message boards. Those are real owners and sellers. When one of them finally becomes desperate (it can take up to 1-2 years though) they will eventually cave and sell at market price. $16K-$17K can buy you a mint 20K-30K mile 2002 Hawk....less for earlier years. They show up from time to time. At 88K miles, I'd expect a $4K-$5K price deduction from a 28K mile car. It's actually easier to buy the lower mileage ones right than it is the high mile cars. For some reason those high mileage owners just don't believe the price guides.

I recall inquiring about a 2001 NBM FH vert A4 with 12K miles on the Firehawk.org site 1-2 years ago. It was a mint 1 owner car. The rare FH vert's do bring an extra $1K-$2K. That one sold for $20K-$21K and was certainly worth it. I don't know how some FH owners can think a 50K mile coupe is worth $18K....lol. Fwiw, a local guy had a nearly identical WS6 vert, 2001 NBM, A4 12K miles. That sold for $17,500.....an excellent deal for someone. Here's a case with the FH bringing a $2500-$3000 premium (+15%). I called on that car 2 years earlier when it was $19K and needed $1K in "stuff." I never thought that guy would drop that low and fix all the issues too. I didn't have the cash or garage space to swing it as I already bought my '99 SS by then. But the WS6 A4 vert was the car I originally wanted...and sort of still do....though a FH vert would be neater.

Last edited by Firebrian; 04-14-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Firebrian
$14K would be cheap imo on a 38K mile CETA. Though they might be out there from desperate sellers. Figure they bring a 20-25% premium or about $2K on that one. You will have a very tough time finding a regular 2002 WS6 for $12K with under 40K miles. I'd price those at $13K-$14K depending on how clean. So add another $2K for the CETA. I recall a 38K mile CETA in my area a few years ago. They were asking $16K. If you offered me $14K, I'd have probably ignored the offer too. I'd love to buy one for $14K with that mileage. While many people don't like the yellow/black of the CETA + graphics, there are plenty that do. A very desirable and liquid car if priced to market.

Most Firehawk owners are in love with their cars and feel they will be worth huge premiums down the road. That's why they bought them in the first place. That may be true. But right now, they don't bring huge premiums and have a FAR smaller following than the WS6. You'll have to wait for those 10% who want to price their FH to sell. Check out the for sale ads on Firehawk.org message boards. Those are real owners and sellers. When one of them finally becomes desperate (it can take up to 1-2 years though) they will eventually cave and sell at market price. $16K-$17K can buy you a mint 20K-30K mile 2002 Hawk....less for earlier years. They show up from time to time. At 88K miles, I'd expect a $4K-$5K price deduction from a 28K mile car. It's actually easier to buy the lower mileage ones right than it is the high mile cars. For some reason those high mileage owners just don't believe the price guides.

I recall inquiring about a 2001 NBM FH vert A4 with 12K miles on the Firehawk.org site 1-2 years ago. It was a mint 1 owner car. The rare FH vert's do bring an extra $1K-$2K. That one sold for $20K-$21K and was certainly worth it. I don't know how some FH owners can think a 50K mile coupe is worth $18K....lol. Fwiw, a local guy had a nearly identical WS6 vert, 2001 NBM, A4 12K miles. That sold for $17,500.....an excellent deal for someone. Here's a case with the FH bringing a $2500-$3000 premium (+15%). I called on that car 2 years earlier when it was $19K and needed $1K in "stuff." I never thought that guy would drop that low and fix all the issues too. I didn't have the cash or garage space to swing it as I already bought my '99 SS by then. But the WS6 A4 vert was the car I originally wanted...and sort of still do....though a FH vert would be neater.
When ever I sell a car even if low offer I always counter offer he may still be a buyer just the way I do business
Old 04-14-2016, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When ever I sell a car even if low offer I always counter offer he may still be a buyer just the way I do business
When I have a car priced to sell and know it, I'm not likely to even drop another 3-5%. More than likely, I'll tell the tire kicker to take a leap. I tried that tactic on a restored 1970 Challenger R/T 440-6 pack, #'s matching with build sheet. This was 1996 and the guy was asking $19,500. I looked around for months and it was the best value in a 5 state area for any scarce Mopar in top condition. I didn't know why it was still for sale other than the market stunk as collectibles were bottoming out after a 6 year decline. I tried to weasel the price down another $500 figuring they "have to do it." They said no. And they could have told me to never come back but were rather cordial. They knew what they and that was the price...it was priced very fair. I got about a mile down the road and said to myself, what they heck are you doing! I called the guy from a phone booth and told him I'd pay the asking price if it was ok with him. Done deal. Probably the best Mopar I ever owned.

Last edited by Firebrian; 04-14-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Quick Reply: price for 02 ws6 and 02 firehawk please?