What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2006 GTO Brazen Orange Metallic (BOM)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 07:52 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 2006 GTO Brazen Orange Metallic (BOM)

I know this is typically not the fortee of the general audience in this section as the standard is usually 4th Gen F bodies.

I was originally pursuing the illusive SOM WS6 but with the last one I have seen on the market in a while (manual transmission car that is) being sold while I was trying to get a plane ticket to get it I am back to square one. This being said with SOM cars square one can be a substantial amount of time before another even mediocre example comes on the market just due to the limited production of them.

With these being said I have been sort of opening my options to some other platforms I have interest in one being the LS2 GTO. I was originally shooting for an 06 Phantom Black/Red but have recently come across an 06 Brazen Orange car and although its not quite SOM I think I still like the orange over black.

The car is a 1 owner 65K mile car and is about 20 miles from home (this eliminates the stresses of having to travel to just see the vehicle). It has some modifications done to the car but are just most related to suspension with an upgraded clutch. Minor boltons but are along the lines of what I would have done anyway (Kooks Headers and Fast 92 intake) with a tune, so these in of itself are actually an added bonus in that the headers alone are $1000+ new.

I am trying to gauge what a reasonalbe price range would be for something like this and again I know this is not the typically market on this forum but I know you guys are very analytical like myself and wouldnt mind getting some input.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks/...=Pontiac%20GTO

My initial "guess" was $15K. Then I looked up the Ebay offerings with under 100K miles. Quite a range from $10K (lightly abused) to mid/upper $30's for nearly brand new. Seems like the sweet spot for 65K miles would be $14K-$17K depending on options and condition. I see under $17K as being reasonable....though would prefer $14K-$16K. Yet quite a few of them priced even into the lower $20's by dealers. If very clean with a good maintenance history $13K-$16K seems like an acceptable range. Since it's winter time, that range might have to drop by another $1,000 to get it sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Pontiac...m=201747099880

This 1 owner 6 speed in NY with 75K miles at $12,500/obo seems like a decent deal even with a few paint scuffs....suggesting a 65K mile car might be achievable at $13,000-$14,000. If you told me to go find the best deal for 65K miles and one owner I'd probably not want to consider anything over $15,000. What kind of "following" do the 2004-2006 GTO's have?
Old 12-12-2016, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Around $15-$18K IMO. Clean 6.0L GTO's are still stupid high.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:07 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,067 Posts

I don't personally like these cars and have never shopped for one, so I have no real knowledge of their typical market value. However I've seen numerous threads about their various issues in the GTO section of the site, so I'd recommend that you familiarize yourself with their specific problems before going to look at one, if you haven't already, and adjust any offer you make to account for what may or may not have been already repaired/corrected. You mentioned that it has a lot of suspension upgrades, that's a good thing since this is one big area where the GTOs are of poor quality.

All cars have some issues inherent to their platform, but the parts availability of these Aussie cars is yet another factor to consider. Some items seem hard to come by, based on posts I've read. Even if I liked the styling, I wouldn't want one as a daily driver since getting certain GTO specific things on short notice might be a problem now that they are older. If it's a second car/weekend toy then this is obviously much less of an issue, but still something to keep in mind as an overall factor with these cars.

Quick Reply: 2006 GTO Brazen Orange Metallic (BOM)