What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Red 99 ss a4 vert 69k wiw?

Old 12-27-2016, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red 99 ss a4 vert 69k wiw?

I just bought a 1999 Red Camaro SS A4 convertible with 69k Miles, it needs a new conv. top (switching to black) and a drivers seat, Both of which I am in the process of replacing, You'll see from pics. Its a 1 owner car although I will be the 2nd once registered. Im wondering what its worth after top and seat are replaced (no rust or damage). IMO Body 8.5-9 out of 10. Interior 8.5-9 after seat replacement. Everything is stock except, 18 inch rims and tires (with good tread), 3:73 gears, magna flow exhaust, k&n cold air and some body extras like a grill, chin spoiler and black anzo headlights/tailights. Rims and cowl are plasti dipped incase next owner doesn't like it... Any idea what I can sell it for in spring? Located in buffalo NY.
Attached Thumbnails Red 99 ss a4 vert 69k wiw?-img_0718.jpg   Red 99 ss a4 vert 69k wiw?-img_0725.jpg   Red 99 ss a4 vert 69k wiw?-img_0721.jpg   Red 99 ss a4 vert 69k wiw?-img_0669.jpg   Red 99 ss a4 vert 69k wiw?-img_0671.jpg  

Old 12-27-2016, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd put it in the $7500-$9,000 range. If it ends up running perfectly and with no quirks you might get mid $8's and up. And mechanical or electrical issues and maybe the low end of the range. The blackouts on the front end, hood scoop, and wheels won't appeal to everyone...or even very few. Be sure to get that top done right without creases, otherwise you might be giving back $500 or more.

Will be a 3 owner car to the next guy. And verts in Buffalo might not be as popular as in Florida. Last one I saw sell in my area was 6 years ago....a 2000 Silver SS vert with 74K miles. 2 owners. But that one had a rear end whine, cold piston slap, and an original top with a few small stains. The dealer couldn't get $9500 for it it. I think it sold in the $8500-$9000 range after several unsuccessful auctions on Ebay at $9500+ min price.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Default Not bad

Thats what I figured 8000-8800, picked it up for $2900 so after all is said and done ill be into it for like 4-5k (might keep it for a while, we'll see). The black cowl and rims are plastidipped which is easily removable, no mechanical issues.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

A key issue will be the quality of the top and seat replacements. A 'vert top that looks 'wrong' will make the car very difficult to sell. It has to operate properly as well. When you sell the car in an ad, drop the word 'stock'. It isn't close to stock from what you have mentioned and makes potential buyers roll their eyes and wonder who the heck is selling the car. Proper wording, IMO, and if accurate, would state "a mostly original car with some cosmetic modifications." Then you can list them like you did for us.
As far as price, $8,000 all day long, if presented well and correctly, during the Spring and Summer months. GLWS!!
Old 12-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Default Will do

Originally Posted by NC01TA
A key issue will be the quality of the top and seat replacements. A 'vert top that looks 'wrong' will make the car very difficult to sell. It has to operate properly as well. When you sell the car in an ad, drop the word 'stock'. It isn't close to stock from what you have mentioned and makes potential buyers roll their eyes and wonder who the heck is selling the car. Proper wording, IMO, and if accurate, would state "a mostly original car with some cosmetic modifications." Then you can list them like you did for us.
As far as price, $8,000 all day long, if presented well and correctly, during the Spring and Summer months. GLWS!!

Thank you, I will keep that in mind, seats will come from another trans am or Camaro, top is a nice 2 piece. $8000 and up sounds good to me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Red 99 ss a4 vert 69k wiw?