What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Whats it worth

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats it worth

So I recently totaled my '00 Ws6 as I showed in my other thread.
I've gone back and forth on trying to fix it or selling the car/parting it out.

Obviously it would be 100x easier to sell it as a whole car, and I would rather do that. I believe it is fixable, as do many other people.

Either way, is a 49k mile M6 Ws6. Engine/tranny are still perfect. Has pacesetter long tubes, offroad y, 3"" exhaust into an slp 2 exhaust. Interior is very clean. Normal door cracks, and a tiny dash crack. Carpets and seats are excellent. Hood took the tiniest amount of damage to the underside where the latch bolts on. Still 100% functional, just needs a new mechanism. Wheels are zr1 replicas, tiny ammount of curb rash. T-tops are mint. No leaks. Hatch is mint, rear fenders are perfect. bumper has a small patch of damage where the rear struck the median.

The owner of the shop where the car was brought is very interested in buying the car. I looked into what I would be able to get if I parted out the car, and it looks to be around 7k on the low side. With the majority of that being the engine/transmission.

Anyways, I was wondering what you guys think it would be worth in its current condition if I sold it as is.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:17 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,073 Posts

If you think you can get $7k parting it out, that would BY FAR be your best option if you have the time and patience to do that. I can't imagine you'd get more than about half of that if you sold the car as-is since it will take quite a bit of work to fix, and then have a rebuilt title (based on the buy-back mentioned in your other thread) on top of that.

If you sell the car as-is, your biggest market would be folks looking to part it out themselves, body guys (like your shop) who can fix it for much cheaper than someone paying to have it done, someone looking to build a race car who wouldn't care about the salvage title status, or someone who wants the engine/trans/harness for a conversion project prior to parting out the rest. Any of those folks are going to be looking for a deal though, so the price will have to be attractive. It has zero collector value at this point, so in this state it's worth less than the sum of its parts.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response!

That all makes sense. I'm going to see what he offers, and I guess I will go from there.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

2000 WS6 M6 with 50K miles is about a $12K to $14K car. After a rebuilt title maybe 70% of that or $8500-$10,000. There was 1 owner and totally abused 2001 WS6 M6 with 31K miles in my area a few years ago. It needed new seats, carpet, plastic repair on the rear spoiler and hatch and a full paint job. It was offered as is for $9500 and ended up going to a body shop. After coming out it was sold for around $12K or so....with clean title. And a 2001 brings $1K more than a 2000. In just looking at the crash photos, it didn't look as clean all around as I'd have expected a 49K mile car to look.

Sorry to see this happen to a Connecticut car. I bought my '99 SS about 10 miles from Waterbury.

Quick Reply: Whats it worth