What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Camaro SS Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2000 Camaro SS Convertible

What's this car worth? Not trying to sell, just trying to get an idea. CL seems all over the place.

White 2000 Camaro SS Convertible 6 speed 125k mi . Pretty clean, oil leak that I've yet to track down (waiting until spring to clean the engine and start searching). Runs good, ebony cloth interior in decent shape, driver seat torn.

Any other details needed?

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2017, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If it were an A4 with 75K miles which sold in my area, I'd say it was worth in the $8K's or so. Since it's an M6 with 50K more miles, I'd say something similar or a bit less. $5500-$8,000 for most people around here. Somewhere in the middle of that I'd say for a typical conditioned example for that mileage. There's quite a wide spread from neglected basket case to... extreme, one owner, fastidiously maintained/garaged.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Firebrian
If it were an A4 with 75K miles which sold in my area, I'd say it was worth in the $8K's or so. Since it's an M6 with 50K more miles, I'd say something similar or a bit less. $5500-$8,000 for most people around here. Somewhere in the middle of that I'd say for a typical conditioned example for that mileage. There's quite a wide spread from neglected basket case to... extreme, one owner, fastidiously maintained/garaged.
Good info... Thank you! My car is definitely somewhere in the middle. It's certainly not a basket case but it wasn't pampered either. It looks to be in decent shape, I'd guess I'm the third owner, I found the original manual in the car.

No mods that I see, the console lid was missing and the convertible boot, but I've replaced both... The biggest issue is probably that oil leak and the rear window is separating, which I forgot to mention.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like you just bought it fairly recently. Prices on these haven't changed all that much in the past 3-5 years. It's worth about what you paid.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Firebrian
Sounds like you just bought it fairly recently. Prices on these haven't changed all that much in the past 3-5 years. It's worth about what you paid.
yes, but i picked it up at a good price but wasn't certain of it's value. KBB was lower than what most people want on cl, plus it seems manual ls1's are scarce.

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro SS Convertible