What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Fair price for 6.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fair price for 6.2

I've been looking around for an LS motor for a while for a project I'm working on, and have run across a 6.2 aluminum block, crankshaft and heads from a 2007 Escalade. The heads are complete minus rocker arms. No other parts, just those I've listed. I haven't seen it yet, but if everything is in decent shape, what's it worth? He's asking $1100 OBO. I'm thinking $800?
Old 04-13-2017, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

For just a block, heads, and a crank 800 is the high end of the spectrum. I'd use the fact that you'll have to have a machine shop check out all the components to try and get them for much less like 600 bucks. Does your project require a Gen IV aluminum block and over 6 liters of displacement? You can get an LM4 pan to intake complete for 500-800 bucks from a salvage yard although you do give up almost a liter of displacement and its a Gen III but it is all aluminum.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:14 AM
Teching In

I'm looking for either a 6.2 or 6.0. Definitely don't have to have an aluminum block, but that 6.2 popped up and seemed like a decent deal. I spent a day hitting several junkyards recently and came up empty. Apparently the 6.0's & 6.2's go really fast when they get them in. It's been pretty frustrating trying to find an engine for a decent price.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

I know the feeling. Since I started watching all the Sloppy Mechanics videos about cheap LS Turbo fun I have the junkyard build bug. Have you checked car-part.com? Its a nation wide salvage yard parts database that can be used to query for specific engines and transmissions based on the year/make/model. The results can be filtered by distance from your location. Maybe that would help get you a cheap 5.3 or 6.0 complete pan to intake.

Quick Reply: Fair price for 6.2